Search results

1. M

Mazda5 Lifespan

Your comments are pretty much mine for my 09 automatic though it only has 80k, in Texas weather. First AC service was last year, needed about 1/3 charge. Road noise is tiring, but at least it's not wind noise. Just starting to have rear suspension rattles (some good threads in this forum on...
  2. M

Mazda5 real-world Mileage numbers

I've had the 3rd seat removed most of the time I've had my '09. As I recall, it weighs 84 lbs (and the 2d row weigh 82 lbs each), so it could make a difference over time. I've logged every gallon I've bought and average 23 city and 29 hwy at 70mph. Can have gotten 32 when I could stick to...
  3. M

Relocate Drivers Seat

I'll check for additional mounting points. If none, my plan is to use steel plate, 2x6x3/16, bolted thru a front hole to the existing nuts, with new bolts thru a rear hole from the bottom for the relocated attachment.
  4. M

Relocate Drivers Seat

Legroom in my '09 (and I assume all years) Mazda 5 is OK for short trips but after about 45 min. it's pretty crowded for a 6-footer. Has anybody relocated that seat rearward 3-4 inches? Either in the M5 or a newer CX? The floor contours and the "feet" look like they'll allow it, and the...
  5. M

Sleeping in mazda 5

This old thread came up in my search for "bed in mazda 5," looking for pics of a built-in platform to sleep 1 person, about 8" below the rear passenger window sill height. I've built a flat cargo floor that installs w 2d & 3rd row seats out. With a 3" memory foam on the cargo floor, it's...
  6. M

Chasing the clunk

I solved the rear clunk by tightening the shock mounting bolts (lower), tighter than you'd think they need. No, I didn't measure torque. It's probably enough to slightly compress the mounting 'box', so don't be shy. That proved to be the solution. I had never touched the shocks when the clunk...
  7. M

Must stop the knocking!!!

Silentnoise, 2 questions about your 11/19/14 09:45 post: 1. What are the spring & seat photos illustrating? I'm guessing they're OEM parts but pls clarify. 2. After replacing rear swaybar center bushings on my '09 M5, noise continued. I disconnected the outer links and noise still...
  8. M

How does greasing help if the noise around 60K is from hardened bushings? They're not noticeably worn around the swaybar, just dried and hard in comparison with replacments.
  9. M

True, 45 profile tires are not gonna work well in the variety of road conditions most of us deal with. When my Toyo 50s were gone I downsized to 16" steel rims & covers from a new Mazda 6 found on Craigs, and went to 60 profile tires. Handling is not significantly different in my performance...
  10. M

Sound Deadening

side panels fit sac02, have you replaced the rear side panels yet? Just wondering about the bulk & thickness of your CCF+MLV layers. Also I appreciated the pix. How did you fasten the layers to the interior sides?
  11. M

Sound Deadening

Torquelover, can you ID the materias brands you used, and generic sources, i.e. bldg supply, auto supply.
  12. M

Sound Deadening

Good stuff. Thanks.
  13. M

Sound Deadening

Anybody found a successful coating or blanket to cover the rear wheelwells in a 5, capable of being re-covered with the factory panels? I drive mostly with the 2d & 3rd seats removed. Rear tire noise has been an issue all 60K miles, but I now believe the 2d row seats were blocking at least a...
  14. M

Suspension knocking in front

All good advice, except I was able to change bar-to-frame bushings without removing the crossmember. You just have to find the right routing for each of your arms to get to the bolts. It's been a year since I did the job, but I recall there was only one roundabout way to get to the driver side...
  15. M

Brake Master Cylinder replacement

Good points. Thanks.
  16. M

Brake Master Cylinder replacement

How big a job is it to replace brake master cylinder on a 2009 Mazda 5? This has to be old news in the forum and a common repair, but I can't find any videos. It doesn't look like a big deal, other than having to remove battery & maybe the mount. Also, any cautions on buying a rebuilt master...
Back