Search results

1. J

Smell of burnt oil through AC vents

Anyone know why I'm getting the smell of burned oil through my AC Vents? This is the second time this happens. After driving for a while the smell will go away, assuming wherever the leak may be just burns put. Any pointers on where to look would be appreciated. I have 03' MP5.
  2. J

WTB 2003 mazda p5 stock air intake

looking to buy the stock air intake, hose, air box etc. complete set to put in my 03 protege. please message me if available thanks. my vehicle is a 2003 mazda protege5 wagon.
  3. J

ball joints replacement

Hey Guys, So just to update, it turns out Amazon sent me the wrong tie rod ends. I have no idea what vehicle these are for but the part number on the box was ES3660. I have no idea how they got that mixed but it was a completely different tie rod. i took pictures but having to host them...
  4. J

ball joints replacement

so I got the Moog tie rod ends bu they did not fit.Moog ES3197RL Tie Rod End the stud was bigger and the threading wouldnt even go on the rod. Im returning them now what did I miss here? roackauto and amazon said they fit my car.
  5. J

ball joints replacement

I'm probably going to buy both tools just in case. I want to spend as little time as possible on this. I'll mark the length on each tie rod before taking it off. Afterwards ill just have to get the alignment done. Thanks again for the help on this, I really appreciate it. out of curiosity what...
  6. J

ball joints replacement

ok that a great idea. It looks like the moog kit comes w new nuts anyways. Aside from the grease spewing out, I started hearing a light popping sound turning. the grease just confirmed the tie rod was bad. Unless that popping sound comes from somewhere else, I think the ball joint is the...
  7. J

ball joints replacement

Awesome, thanks very much for pointing me to the parts. My next question is, how hard is it to take off the tie rod ends? this would be a first for me. I will have the alignment done after wards. I am more concerned if any special tools are needed. but by the looks of it I'm guessing you don't...
  8. J

ball joints replacement

I found a splatter of grease on my driver side wheel, when I took it off to see where it was coming from I came to find out it was from what looks to be a ball joint on the tie rod. I been trying to see if I could just replace the ball joint itself or if I will have to buy the entire tie rod...
  9. IMG_20180623_224249643.jpg

IMG_20180623_224249643.jpg

10. IMG_20180623_224253940.jpg

IMG_20180623_224253940.jpg

11. J

catalyc converter california approved?

got one bite, out of 4 requests, waiting to see if its for sure..
  12. J

so rockauto actually shipped the cats no questions asked to california?
  13. J

thanks for the input,I'm gonne look up this seller and if they refuse to ship to California I have figured out a work around to get it to me:)
  14. J

the problem is finding a seller that is willing to ship to california. I'll contact a couple of sellers and if none of them budge I'll have to figure a work around. It seems like the cats I've seen on ebay are direct plug n play units so I might not have to do any mods. Also, the guy that I've...
  15. J

2003 Mazda Protege5 block with cylinder head rebuilt for sale

Apologies in advance if this kind of post is not permitted, please delete if so. I had the engine swapped for a Japanese lower mileage engine because the pistons rings were shot and the engine was burning oil. However prior to finding out about the piston rings being the culprits of the oil...
  16. J

Hi All, So my catalyc converter has fouled, looking into Ebay there's a bunch that are cheap from Canada but are not "Legal" in California, anyone know why? I'm looking into the Walker 31642 direct fit, but its over $400! cheapest was on Amazon for $314 with Gaskets but I just don't have that...
  17. J

HELP having code P0300 after getting the head rebuilt on my 2003 protege5

wish I had known this prior to stripping all 4 screws:(. The only way I can think of taking off those screws now is by cutting a slot w a dremel attachment. But that also seems a little risky since the fuel rail is right next to the ICV. Any suggestions on how to get those 4 screws off? vice...
  18. J

HELP having code P0300 after getting the head rebuilt on my 2003 protege5

would anyone siggest I drop some seafoam in the gas tank to help with the oil build up?
  19. J

Manual P5 makes ratle noise, on downshift, slow down

looking for answers as to what makes this rattle noise. when I downshift as the car slows down I hear a ratle. the noise was there before but I want to say it might of got a little more amplified or I'm just paranoid of anything I'm hearing from this car. could it possibly be something hitting...
Back