Search results

1. J

iOS 14 no longer works with radio USB input

Hi - since updating my phone, my car no longer connects to or charges it through the factory USB port. Has anybody else had this happen to them? Any solutions aside from a new radio? Maybe a radio out of a different model car? Thanks!
  2. J

Transmission not shifting to 4th or 5th after using Mazda M3 fluid for one change

I have since flushed the transmission out with Mazda M-V and it will occasionally shift to 4-5 while in Drive, other times it will sit in 3rd or 4th at like 4k rpms at the same speed. I can shift into 'manual' and change the gears or I can activate cruise control and it will upshift. This...
  3. J

2012 Idler pulley removal

Hi all, I have a bad lower idler pulley on my 5 (108k, 2.5l). It has a 10mm bolt on it. I only have a ~7-9inch long wrench for it but can't seem to get enough torque on it to break the bolt loose. It does not appear to be marked that it is a left hand tighten. I am worried about snapping it and...
  4. J

How to change window seal 2012

Hi does anybody know of any videos that show the window being completely taken out of the door? My window seal is bad and I need to change mine. 2012 version would be best but I'm sure the older model is the same.
  5. J

Sliding Door Clunk

Hi all, My new-to-me 2012 (87k) has a weird sliding door clunk about 6 inches before closing on one side. It comes from the center rollers/track. I'm not sure if the track is getting pushed and then snaps back. It looks normal otherwise. Has anybody else experienced this?
  6. J

Headunit of choice

Hello all, I am putting a HU and 4ch amp in and have a few questions. 1. Do different HU provide different sound when using the channel outputs and an external amp? 2. Is carplay that good that I would regret not having it? 3. I saw this chinese one and see that it has android 5.1 on it...
Back