Search results

1. J

I'm going to shorten my ATF change interval

Are you for real? This guy @Tribe&TrueRacin is telling people to buy their ATF based on what COLOR it is DYED. Not based on the chemical properties of it (what actually matters), but the color. By that logic, NOBODY should use Royal Purple Oil. He even acknowledges that it is a "SOMEWHAT...
  2. J

Upgrading from Mazda5 - Which car?

I will be taking a look at Honda Odysseys and Ford Transit Connects after mine is done
  3. J

What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

And the springs are not oem quality
  4. J

I heard Gatorade makes the best ATF. Look for the Fruit Punch kind. You'll love it.
  5. J

I never realized people would do it that way. Spring compressors are literally free to borrow from any auto parts store. I use spring compressors. Just be careful and double check where the hooks are placed. And ouch! regarding all the extra labor and parts you had to put into it
  6. J

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Well I was wrong on the percentage calculation. That was another user just before you. Thank you for mansplaining why ATF is red. You literally just made a whole paragraph to explain what I said in six words. Bravo. Junior Senior is the name of a...
  7. J

Not sure what you were doing, but you 100% absolutely-do-not need to remove the drive shafts from the hubs to remove the struts. Yes, you may have found other issues as a result of taking more apart, but I question whether all of it was necessary if you had done it properly in the first place.
  8. J

You did not answer my question about how you came to determine you have "72% new ATF" and "28% old". I feel like I'm going to get argumentative here but I'll keep it basic. 1. These "MYTH" dilution formulas are based off basic math. 2. Your dilution result is very odd, which makes me believe...
  9. J

Car shifts fine 🤷‍♂️ Probably have around 5-10,000 on mine. I just did a drain and fill (3quarts) so most of it is still Mazda fluid. No smells. In my experience that only happens with part failure or when someone is a little careless during the filling
  10. J

I'm wondering what math you did that came to that? Did you take a line off and run the transmission to get additional fluid out?
  11. J

Aftermarket Keyless Entry and Start

I put in the OEM remote start. It works good. I just made sure not to connect the door sensor that cuts the engine when you open a door during remote-warmup.
  12. J

I had the same problem using Mazda fluid as well. I've recently started using Castrol Transmax (data sheet) but it's too early for me to tell how it's doing. You may want to consider adding a transmission cooler with an in-line filter. People say that is a good way to increase the maintenance...
  13. J

What is this sensor?

Leave disconnected, drive 20-30 miles, check code?
  14. J

Options for increasing power in a Mazda5?

Why exclude 16 and 17s?
  15. J

OE Strut Mount and Bearing

I agree with negusm. Get OEM parts for suspension. They last longer and wear better. Unfortunately, you wont be drifting around a racetrack with them. I actually end up just going to my local dealership, or ordering from one of the mazda parts websites.
  16. J

I bet your 'baby' really loves those new 'shoes'. It's kind of sad you didn't buy the best for your 'child' though. Michelin CrossClimate 2. But I'm sure 'she' will understand
  17. J

Coolant brand

https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/what-is-fl22-antifreeze.122883/ I had a dealer do a flush for me 30k and 2 years ago. Everything looks good so far 🤷‍♂️ I doubt they used FL22 so I'll be watching it in a couple years
  18. J

Power Sliding Doors

Try a dressing stick. I cut one down and added a foam handle to the end. Works fine
  19. J

iOS 14 no longer works with radio USB input

Hi - since updating my phone, my car no longer connects to or charges it through the factory USB port. Has anybody else had this happen to them? Any solutions aside from a new radio? Maybe a radio out of a different model car? Thanks!
  20. J

Transmission not shifting to 4th or 5th after using Mazda M3 fluid for one change

I changed it at approximately 100k, and it was changed before (thought I only got the car at 85k with fresh looking fluid in it). Do I just live with it? Will the transmission fail or just need to be "manually" shifted into 4 and 5 and be fine?
Back