Search results

1. R

2014 CX-5 ABS Sensor stripped in hub…Help!

I already broke 2 extractor bits trying this. Let's see if 3 times is the charm...
  2. R

2014 CX-5 ABS Sensor stripped in hub…Help!

Hey everyone. I've got a 14 CX-5 that needed wheel bearings replaced. I accidentally damaged the sensor trying to get the heavily rusted hub & bearing out. Fearing I'd damaged the knuckle, I also replaced that with a used one. The problem is the bolt in the take off part that holds the...
  3. R

Blown CX-5 Head Gasket?

Yes - this! Change that coolant with FL22.
  4. R

Blown CX-5 Head Gasket?

Update: The car is back! The dealer put a brand new 2.5l engine in the car on Monday and also performed a transmission fluid flush. Total cost with my employee discount was $5375. I considered all of the options presented above and decided on my course of action based on the following: This...
  5. R

Blown CX-5 Head Gasket?

Update: The Mazda service manager asked for the fluid change history (receipts). CarFax provided the services done at the dealer and at Walmart (1 oil change when getting tires mounted). I got the remaining records from the quick change place I used after moving. He tried to get some...
  6. R

Blown CX-5 Head Gasket?

Update: The car is being towed to the dealer early next week. I realized that I am not able to determine the extent of the damage. I could take it apart, but I'm not confident that I would recognize a damaged part (like a cracked block), or put it all back together correctly. I looked into...
  7. R

Blown CX-5 Head Gasket?

Including installation? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: See my other post regarding costs. :)
  8. laughing-laugh.gif

laughing-laugh.gif

9. R

Blown CX-5 Head Gasket?

LOL! 😄 I'm digging the "art" suggestions! Not to sure the CEO would allow that... even in my dungeon office! I would love to make the drivers seat into an office chair - especially with the butt warmers I have in it. I could probably rig up an electric cord to warm it up on these cold...
  10. R

Blown CX-5 Head Gasket?

Thanks everyone for your input! I am deciding between scrapping the car and fixing it whether repair or replace engine. My problem is I am strapped for money. Car is paid off so there's no debt to satisfy. Other than a small dent in the drivers rear quarter panel it is in great condition -...
  11. R

Blown CX-5 Head Gasket?

So I'm starting to look into other options. One of them being to sell the car and live without another vehicle for a while. Any ideas on what a '14 CX-5 Touring, stock with the exception of Katzkin aftermarket leather seats with seat warmers might go for?
  12. R

Blown CX-5 Head Gasket?

Yeah... it's the head gasket. ☹️ I'm looking for instructions on how to do it.
  13. R

Blown CX-5 Head Gasket?

Backstory: 2014 CX-5 Touring with 130k miles. Was getting flashing red engine light, with no heat from the vents. It also shut down a few times while my kid limped it home. Code scan was P011A. I replaced thermostat and burped coolant, but still got the same issues. I figured the water...
  14. R

P011A on 2014 CX-5 Touring

Thanks everyone for the responses. I will try the thermostat, and also measure temps with my IR gun. I do have a code reader that I can clear the code with, and I have done that a few times but it keeps coming back.
  15. R

Thanks. I was wondering about that as well. Wanting to make sure I've covered all other possibilities before undertaking the heater core.
  16. R

I've got a 2014 Touring AWD with 130k miles. Recently the Check Engine light is on and throwing a P011A code. I've done some investigating and know that there is a TSB for this - and I do fall in the VIN range. I have noticed that the heat takes longer to blow hot than before. I have also...
  17. R

WTB 18" Wheels - 5x114.3 - 7/7.5/8" w/ 45 or less offset in Michigan!

Is it still plagiarism if you don't know who you stole it from? Asking for a friend...
  18. R

WTB 18" Wheels - 5x114.3 - 7/7.5/8" w/ 45 or less offset in Michigan!

Yes, I stole the title from @Suprmp5. I also am looking for some 18" rims to go on my CX-5. I've created a bit of a debacle with my rims. I purchased 18" tires with the understanding that I had some 18" wheels for the car (normally had stock 17s). Turns out that the wheels have minor bends...
  19. R

Replacement for G91a tires

@hal2 Holy crap you're right! I knew I recognized those 2 legs and paws coming from the front of my car! :ROFLMAO: Yes, I am old enough to remember those commercials. ;) I also remember Uni, Roy, and Al!
  20. R

For Sale CX-5 Rear Shocks: 2013-2014 KDY5-28-910C

Where are you in IL? I'm in Mich near Grand Rapids. I may need these. I will know in a week...
Back