Search results

1. D

Changing from synthetic oil to regular oil

I will change the oil pressure sensor and see what happens, It's not expensive.
  2. D

No particular reason. Was busy and just sent it in for an oil change. Might have to switch it back to synthetic.
  3. D

I've been using synthetic oil for about 7 years on my 2010 CX-9, I had the oil changed with normal oil about 4 weeks ago and now my oil light flashes when the vehicle has been driven about 3 miles or more. I checked my oil level and it is fine. Is this because of the oil change or is it a bad...
  4. D

Spongy brakes 2010 CX9 GT

Sorry about the late update, but the problem was the front right caliper. One of the valves had a leak I replaced both front calipers. Eventually the TCS light and brake light came on.
  5. D

Thanks for this info, I spoke with the mechanic he will recheck the hoses and bleed it again. I always use OEM parts. I changed the rotors to slotted and cross drilled initially when I bought the CX9 because the braking was not sharp on the OEMs.
  6. D

I will relay these questions to the mechanic. I know that he bleed the brakes when he changed the master cylinder. Thanks for the suggestions.
  7. D

Hi last year my brakes became hard to press when braking so I changed the brake booster and it went back to normal. Now my brakes feel spongy, I can't hold a sudden brakes. Changed the master cylinder and problem still exist, changed the brake booster again and it is still spongy. I am lost...
  8. D

keyless entry sistem,

Here's one on ebay https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F231618667510
  9. D

2010 CX-9 brake light

Rear right side brake and park light not working. Does that mean I need a new light assembly?
  10. D

HID headlight

I have about 77k miles on my CX-9 I've owned it about 3yrs now. My HID lights seems fine, I did buy new osram D2S bulbs but I never used them seeing that the ballast is what was bad. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  11. D

HID headlight

Well... I just dropped it off to have the ballast changed. They have to take off the front bumper so fingers crossed. Update just got a call it's ready so it was just the ballast [emoji123] Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  12. D

HID headlight

Hi sorry for the late reply was away, now tackling this. It's not the D2S bulb so I'm going to have the ballast replaced. I have another question I noticed my park lights were blown so I am also changing those, when I inspected I noticed there are side marker bulbs but I have never seen them...
  13. D

HID headlight

Is replacing the HID bulb as easy as replacing a standard bulb? I haven't looked at it as yet. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  14. D

HID headlight

Hi, about a month now the passenger side HID headlight on my 2010 CX-9 GT would flicker on start up. Today it's not lighting at all. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of getting the oem ballast replaced.
  15. D

A/C on a 2011 CX9 Touring not blowing cool

Ok, so the mechanic told me its the fan control module CY031515YA that needs changing #12 in the diagram left side. its around $300 (boom02)
  16. 5424055.gif

5424055.gif

17. rps20160508_181337.jpg

rps20160508_181337.jpg

18. D

Checked the condenser and everything looks fine. With the engine on I noticed the fan is still not spinning. So what ever activates the fan is where the issue might be.
  19. D

If it were leaking refrigerant wouldn't it eventually stop cooling altogether whether outside was hot or cool?
  20. D

I have a 2010 cx-9 A/C has always blown cold no problems but recently I've noticed the A/C is not cooling during the hot parts of the day. I was hearing a high pitch sound when the A/C kicked in so I had the left side fan motor replaced but the problem still exist. Any ideas?
Back