Search results

1. M

Roof Rack options for 2014 Mazda3?

In my last conversation with Mazda support, they said the 2013 rack should work with the 2014, as they have the same mounting points. I proceeded to ask "Why are they covered?" - no answer - just that there will be a 2014 rack option sometime in early 2014. Really? If the mounting points are...
  2. M

Looking closer today, the mounting bracket is the same as on the 2013, just covered up by the moulding. It would just take drilling a hole through the molding that is slightly bigger than the hole used to hold the mounting bolt (same for 2013 & 2014). Just covering it up will require some sort...
  3. M

Minor Bug in the Infotainment system (Auto Brightness issue)

Another bug is USB device (phone or other) integration. If you have the USB device (like a phone) as the audio source and turn off the car and disconnect it, you won't be able to switch audio inputs when the car is powered back on unless the device is reconnected. Speaking w/Mazda, they state...
  4. M

I took a closer look under the trim on the roof - there are the normal mounting points for a roof rack, just hidden under the black trim. The trim would have to be cut out in order to access the mounting holes. Hopefully Mazda will come out w/a modified trim to replace the stock one on the...
  5. M

It's a solid strip along the top. I spoke w/Mazda support and all they say is "the rack doesn't show as an accessory. Talk to your dealer." I'll be bummed if they don't have mount points, as I hate the grip mounts for the door frame. Major mistake on Mazda if it isn't rack compatible - and a...
  6. M

The 2013 3 had anchor points for roof racks (Thule/Yakima), but the 2014 doesn't seem to have anything visible. Are they hidden under the black roof line trim? Trying to find something for my sGT hatchback. Thanks!
Back