Search results

1. N

Issue with door sensor

Anyone else had trouble with these? Driver's side was either not triggering or staying triggered(leaving door ajar, overhead light on). Would just twist it around a bit and it would start behaving. Did that tonight when it again left the door ajar light on and it came undone. Unscrewed it...
  2. N

Soaked driver's side footwells

Driver's side front and rear footwell carpets are soaked. Aside from the obvious taking a hose to it and checking seals any other common causes to check? No moonroof on ours and a clogged a/c usually backs up on passenger side doesn't it?
  3. N

Just picked up an 07 Legacy Spec B

So the Protege5 has a new stablemate. Sold my GTI and just got this 07 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Car is a beast and a sleeper with its 5.1 second 0-60. Basically a WRX with an STI transmission and a more lux interior. When I was shopping I was looking at the new Mazda3, Veloster Turbo, Mini...
  4. N

Is this the sound of a bad alternator?

Replaced both belts with gatorbacks which cured my belt squeal. Now I've got a different sounding squeal. High pitched, increases with rpms, goes away after a minute but is made worse by higher electrical load like headlights and a/c. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NymNxsaM5lU&feature=youtu.be
  5. N

Tire deal FYI

Tirerack has the Kuhmo Ecsta 4x tires in 195/50R16 for $250 right now after a mail-in rebate. It's a little early and our existing tires still have some life left in them, but I think I'll be cashing in on that deal. Can't believe that price compared to what prices I was looking at for the...
  6. N

Do you still have the plastic engine splash shields?

So while changing out the serpentine belts I took off the passenger side under engine cover/plastic splash shield(B25D-56-341H). In doing so, broke a couple rusty bolt heads so I couldn't attach it back properly and seems the prior owner did the same in another spot and it looks like it got...
  7. N

Part number - plug for front wipers

The passenger side wiper is missing the little service plug that hides the bolt head there. Ordered a wiper arm cover off eBay....that wasn't it. Anyone know the part number and where to order?
  8. N

Being a car enthusiast is a sickness

Just vacuumed out and washed a loaner mazda3 we have while the protege5 is in service. It was filthy with a bunch of straw/mud inside. Granted I used one of the stalls whose brushes I would never take near one of my own cars.
  9. N

Head Unit recommendations?

Looking at replacing the head unit, but keeping the stock speakers and subwoofer. Not a big audio buff but just want some more modern features like bluetooth, sd card input and a usb jack. Not looking to spend more than around $200. Is this a good option? Recommend some others...
  10. N

Another newbie - thanks for the help already

Just picked up an automatic 2003 Protege5 with just 91,000 miles for $4995 for the wife. It looks to be in great shape and drives very well for its age. Actually much better than the 2013 Corolla we took as a rental to pick it up from another state...my back is still paying for the utter lack...
Back