Search results

1. N

Belt squeal @ start up and when accelerating.

Either bad or too loose. Even a brand new one will squeal if not tightened up just right.
  2. N

I'm selling my P5, should I sell the extras with it or not?

Just sold our 03 and the father of the teen that was buying it was specifically looking for ones with no sign of modifications as that indicated to him that it was run hard. And just generally speaking always best to return to stock and then sell your parts.
  3. N

What have you done to your P5 today?

Sold it. $3800 for an 03 with 102,600 miles. Automatic. Some rust bubbles just starting to form on the driver's rear wheel arch. Otherwise in good condition.
  4. N

Portland Oregon area?

No income tax on the WA side where work is and no sales tax shopping across the river in Portland ftw.
  5. N

Portland Oregon area?

Moving out there this year, but other side of the river in Vancouver, WA in specific.
  6. N

2003 Protege5 vs. 2002 Protege5: what's better, what's different?

I remember many a scorched palm on that in my '03 Mazda6s. :)
  7. N

Cheap engine upgrades

Maybe if you were replacing a filter that was completely clogged. :)
  8. N

Intermittent starting issue / electrical gremlin

Interesting, will have to take a look at that.
  9. N

Intermittent starting issue / electrical gremlin

Automatic? Check that it's actually registering as being in park(box around the P). Ours had that issue when we first picked it up. Dealer had it fixed, but it's starting to display that behavior again. Next time it happens check if the P is boxed in and if not start it in neutral instead...
  10. N

Odometer Question

Ours is definitely not always on. Have to put into acc.
  11. N

Odometer Question

Can't say without seeing a diagram but if that's the only thing you changed, seems so. Why did you do that?
  12. N

Odometer Question

You messed something up and have it wired to a constant source.
  13. N

who loves driving a manual transmission car?

I actually prefer a manual in traffic. It's always my right leg that starts bothering me in traffic and moreso in an automatic since you have to ride the brakes more. Sure you could switch the auto over to neutral too but it's just not intuitive when you're not changing gears. A used manual...
  14. N

Yep, seems manuals did hit rock bottom and are now rebounding. "311,618 in the 2011 model year to 452,232 in 2013". https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/the-decline-of-manual-transmissions-in-two-graphs-—-and-proof-they-re-coming-back-194033483.html
  15. N

I tried to enjoy an automatic with the best example there is...the dsg in a VW GTI. As a one car compromise with the wife. And it did keep me entertained and certainly shifted faster than I ever could...but 2 years later I sold it. Got her the automatic p5 and me into a 6 speed subaru.
  16. N

I don't know about them dying at an accelerated rate. If anything they seem to be seeing a bit of a comeback lately.
  17. N

i need new tires please help!!!!!

It's winter. People noticing they have no grip heh.
  18. N

Read as fixed Blinky, the airbag light. As if it had been around so long you named it.
  19. N

When ours did that turned out to be the alternator's ground cable had corroded and wasn't charging because of that. Battery was fine.
  20. N

205/55R16 vs 205/50ZR16

Yeah the DWS is the best all season tire for the money and it's available in the stock size.
Back