Search results

1. mazpro00

Follow up to my accident thread

As some of you know my 16 GT CX-5 got totaled: Got into a accident yesterday. I have replaced it with a Mazda 6 GT 2017. The Mazda Cx-5s are pretty expensive so I just got another 6, man she is a beauty. I think this one is way nicer then the newer Mazda 6.
  2. mazpro00

Got into a accident yesterday

I am so sad and devastated, this by far the best vehicle I have ever own, she was super reliable. She had 115,000 miles am hearing they are gonna total her. RIP CX5 I will sure as well miss you. She saved my life in this accident. A big ford 250 pickup hit me with full force, am surprised the...
  3. mazpro00

2013~2016 Busted engine mount

Hi guys, I have a 2016 Mazda cx-5 GT but we also have a 2013 Mazda Cx-5 sport, it has 142, 000 miles and it just gave us our 1st issue. Upon opening the hood, we saw the passenger side engine mount melting. I was shocked because the vehicle is not giving any signs of engine mount issues. I only...
  4. mazpro00

2016 CX5 GT windshield cracked by itself

I am getting windshield replaced for free from insurance company, but crap how common is this issue?
  5. mazpro00

2023 CX-5 Spy pictures

https://youtu.be/7XSsOndiZeY What do you guys think?
  6. mazpro00

LED brake lights for 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT?

Hey guys I have a 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT with no tech package. So they come with halogen lights. I want to change my brake and reserve lights to LED bulbs. Can someone point me to some good LED bulbs for that?
  7. mazpro00

exhaust rattle (video included)

Hi guys my 2000 mazda protege 1.6l has an exhaust rattle, when you start the car from a cold start you can hear it only as low rpm. As the car warms you can rarely hear it, if i do hear it with a warm engine its only at low rpm maybe 1000 rpm. So last week i jacked the car up and banged on the...
  8. mazpro00

Side skirt

Will a 2002 protege side skirts fit a 99-00 protege? Anyone know how to remove and install side skirts for a 2000 protege?
  9. mazpro00

Does anyone know the way how to tighten the AC/ PS belt on a Mazda protege 2000 1.6l

When ever i turn my ac or rear defroster with a cold engine the belt squeals when i start to drive from a cold engine and will last for 20 seconds and it will not squeal again until i drive the car with the engine cold and the ac is on. This has been happening for 2 years since i got that belt...
  10. mazpro00

P0170 p1170 rough idle freeze frame data

Check engine light is on p0171 have freeze frame data? Ok have a Mazda protege 00 1.6l and the check engine light is on for p0171 which is system to lean, before i have to this code though 1 month ago i had a check engine light p1170 for a 02 sensor but the code was intermittent and then p0171...
  11. mazpro00

What steel rim size does a Mazda protege 2000 1.6l LX use?

I went to the junkyard today and got 4 rims with 4 tires on them the rims are 15x6 and 4 lugs because i thought they were 4 lugs i thought they would fit my mazda since my mazda is a 4 lug car, turns out the rim was slightly to big and all 4 lug hole couldn't so what steel rim size do i use and...
  12. mazpro00

Broken ground cable nut causing car to run rough at idle (Video and pic enclosed)?

So I own a Mazda protege 00 1.6l runs a little rough at idle check engine light is on for code p0171 system to lean. MAF sensor is good, mechanic declared there is no vacuum leaks. However i notice today when i looked at the passenger side motor mount there is ground cable and the nut of its is...
  13. mazpro00

oil on water pump belt mean leak at valve cover gaskets or somewhere else?

if there is oil on my water pump belt does that mean my valve cover gaskets are leaking or is there somewhere on the top of the engine where oil can leak on the water pump belt i know my engine oil is leaking
  14. mazpro00

Question on replacing alternator belt

so on my 1.6l Mazda Protege 2000 when your loosing the mounting bolts on the alternator does the alternator have only one mounting bolt at the top, or is there another one somewhere. According to the haynes book i ordered there is only one mounting bolt near the tensioner bolt but according to...
  15. mazpro00

does anyone know where the tensioner is at to loosen the PS/ AC belt

on a Mazda Protege 2000 DOHC 1.6l
  16. mazpro00

Hi guys new to the Mazda just got a protege 2000 with the 1.6l and having problems

I noticed there was dirt on the alternator/ water pump belt so a friend of mine sprayed carb cleaner on the alternator/ water pump belt while the engine running to clean of the dirt off that belt, now there is that loud noise like a pulley going out kinda noise. We noticed the top pulley is...
Back