Search results

1. RedBaron

Fortin EVO-ONE Remote Starter - Install How-to Posted for CX-50

The Fortin EVO-ONE Remote Starter is now available for the CX-50. I just posted an install how-to: Fortin EVO-ONE Aftermarket Remote Starter Installation & Config How-to This device has the following advantages over the Mazda Connect app: Works from the factory remote (configurable to press...
  2. RedBaron

Guide How to send Nav destination from your phone to your CX-50 and saving in 'Favorites'

Provided your car has navigation enabled (either from the factory, or because you added a Nav SD card, 'Send to Car' is a function which uses the MyMazda APP to allow you to search for a destination and send it to the vehicle's navigation system. That part is fairly easy and intuitive, but...
  3. RedBaron

CX-50 Service Manuals/Schematics?

Does anyone have access to the CX-50's service manuals, especially the schematic diagrams? I know people have posted these for the CX-5 om that forum, just hoping there are equivalents for this vehicle.
  4. RedBaron

Question: Traffic display on late model (2022) Mazda nav screen

I test drove a CX-50 turbo prem plus this weekend and saw that the maps had traffic congestion indications on the roads display (similar to google maps), whereas my 2019 CX-5 doesn't have this traffic info on the Nav display. I asked the following question in the CX-50 forum as well, so given...
  5. RedBaron

CX-50 Navigation question after test drive

I just drove a turbo prem plus and saw that the maps had traffic indications on the roads display (similar to google maps). Where does that info come from? Is there some 4/5G service included with the car, or some different method? Also, I found the turn signal clicking to be weird and...
  6. RedBaron

Windshield broken - What to test after replacement?

My wife is down in Florida visiting her mother, and last week there was a major hailstorm that did considerable damage to our 2019 CX-5 (Touring), including both front and rear windows smashed. She just had them replaced today, so I want to tell her what to test, so we can be sure the...
  7. RedBaron

Bike rack (non-hitch) - any recommendations?

I'm looking for a temporary (put on/take off) bike rack for my CX-5 that does not attach to a hitch. You know, the type that perches on the hatchback and straps to the car. I looked at Allen racks but their fitment guide says not compatible with CX-5 (I assume because the top straps go over...
  8. RedBaron

Ugh. Sudden issues with almost new 2019 CX-5

As some of you know, we just got a second new (2019) CX-5 back in early November. Well a whole series of very weird things have started to go wrong in the past couple of days. All seem to be electronic in nature - I'm guessing one of the major control modules by the random nature of the...
  9. RedBaron

2013-2016 Replacement headlight lenses, anyone?

In perusing Aliexpress, today, I came across replacement headlight lenses for as little as $41: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000279684156.html The ones on my 2014 are getting a little yellowed. I know I can polish that off, but once the degradation has started it comes back quickly, so I...
  10. RedBaron

From 2014 CX-5 to new 2019 CX-5... what a difference 1/2 a decade makes!

Back on this forum from a long time away, because we just bought a new 2019 CX-5 AWD Touring (Yay!). I'm amazed at what a difference 5 years hath wrought compared to our 2014 FWD Touring (which we are keeping, by the way :) ). We paid about $26500 for our 2014 (incl taxes and tags and fees)...
  11. RedBaron

2013~2016 CX-5 OEM Bluetooth Microphone with Aftermarket Stereo

In the ongoing series of adding an Aftermarket Head Unit while retaining as many of the factory accessories as possible, this is what I did for the Bluetooth microphone part... I really wanted to reuse the stock microphone, but after perusing the schematics I saw there were 5 wires to the mic...
  12. RedBaron

Accessory Homelink mirror - FIXED - Problem with included wiring harness!

Hi all, I just got and installed The Homelink/Autodim mirror in my CX-5. Very easy install and it all works EXCEPT for the Homelink buttons. To help me debug this, would anyone with the Homelink mirror please chime in and tell me how it works (when it IS working :)). My questions are: 1...
  13. RedBaron

Spot the Lighting Mod

Close ups to follow (in case no-one can spot it)...
  14. RedBaron

Mod: Convert center-console 12V socket to Switched (Accessory) operation

As per other threads on this, it's always seemed weird to me that the center console 12V accessory socket is 'always on' when the front one switches on and off with the ignition. This mod is a simple way to convert the socket to switched operation via a fuse tap and wire in the underhood fuse...
  15. RedBaron

Improving the lumbar adjustment range on the CX-5 Touring (and possibly GT)

I've only had my CX-5 for a week, but was disappointed with the maximum support available when the lumbar doohickey (a technical term) was set to it's firmest setting. On another car I'd added an inflatable lumbar pillow behind the seat, so today I delved into the back of the CX-5's seat to see...
Back