Search results

1. F

Show us your CX-30

Excellent, thanks, not sure how I missed your post. I have a 2014 CX-5 GT, I expect my next vehicle will be a CX-30 GT in another year or so, polymetal gray for sure. Hoping that Mazda adds the 2.5T to the list of available engines for the CX-30 :).
  2. F

Show us your CX-30

Absolutely love the colour. Is this the polymetal grey metallic? On the Mazda Canada website, the colour looks like a medium grey, but in these photos, it seems to have some blue. The local dealer doesn't have any polymetal grey metallic in stock, so I thought I would ask. Thanks!
  3. F

CX5 Wading depth

I don't I posted this anywhere else (not a big poster, mostly use the form for researching new models, potential issues/fixes & lurking). Had to replace the rear diff on our 2014 CX5 at 69,000 km, back in 2016. In the fall of 2015, after installing winter tires in late November, started to...
  4. F

Purchased Pirelli P7s

Thanks for the info yrwei52, I knew about the 44 psi max, so I was thinking that 38 psi would be as high as I would go. Also, I don't want to create an opportunity for uneven wear; after having the Toyos crap out after only 44,00 km, I want the P7's to last. And yes brillo54, I will provide...
  5. F

Rear differential replaced at 69,500 km

Thanks Kedis, I had seen that post but had forgotten about it. Not sure if this makes a difference, but the noise was not a rattle or chatter, but a continuous growl, present at all speeds. It even created a resonance that rattled the rear window at about 70 km/hr. BTW, I forgot to mention in...
  6. F

Purchased Pirelli P7s

Purchased Pirelli P7s After my Toyo OEMs (225-55-R19) wore out after only 43,943 km (I am an engineer, I cant help but measure everything), I found a reasonable sale at Canadian Tire for the Pirelli P7s. The local dealer matched the sale, plus I will receive a $70 rebate (MasterCard?) which...
  7. F

Rear differential replaced at 69,500 km

Last fall, a noise developed in the rear of my 2014 CX5 GT, which I interpreted as tire noise, since the OEM Toyos (225-55-R19) were down to about 4-32nds and the wear was a bit uneven. This was only after approximately 42,000 km on the Toyos, which I have since replaced, see the thread in the...
  8. F

Upgrade to remote keyless entry?

Thanks NewfieArcher, I tried shopping around; haven't found anything yet. I called the dealer today, he quoted $375 for the OEM setup, but it still doesn't open the hatch. Not ready to pay that much, I will keep looking. Fish64
  9. F

Upgrade to remote keyless entry?

Hi everyone, I searched the forums before asking, but could not find what I was looking for. My wife's 2000 Beetle died unexpectedly, so she had to get a Mazda 2 a little earlier than we planned. She bought a 2013 base model (GX in Canada), with AC as the only option. We were a little...
  10. F

What car did you trade in for your CX-5?

Traded an '04 Mazda 3, 5 speed; great car, lots of zoom-zoom, but with rust issues. Have had the CX 5 for 4 months now, lovin' it!
  11. F

Keyless start - what is the point?

I have had similar experiences where sometimes it does not lock, and it is set to lock on walk-away. I found that if I am in a hurry (cold, rainy), I will be walking away while I swing the door closed, almost backhanded (the wide plastic on the side of the door is great for this). That means...
  12. F

2014 CX-5 180hp engine release date?

2.5L option is $900 CDN I have been monitoring this forum for months now, my wife and I have decided we are geting a CX 5, but won't be ready to purchase until March. We are waffling on whether to get a 2013 (possibly reduced once the 2014's are on the lot), or go with the extra HP. I visited...
Back