Search results

1. K

Show me your CX-5 wheels

Very nice. The Doningtons (machined face) were one of the original rims I was hoping to get but alas it never came to be. Careful on the curbs with those bad boys.
  2. K

Upgrade from 17 inch steels to alloys for Canadian GX based model

I've considered the same problem and that is why I've finally decided to keep my factory steels for winter. If anything happens to one or more of the after market rims, I'm just going to try and sell the remaining rims and put the steels back on. Worse case scenario if I can't sell them...
  3. K

SRS Airbags and wheel/tire modification questions?

Hey everybody, My wife was going through the manual and came across this tidbit of information: Page 2-42 in the manual To prevent false detection by the air bag sensor system, heed the following: Do not use tires or wheels other than those specified for you Mazda: Use of any tire or wheel...
  4. K

Issues with Closing Liftgate

I wouldn't advise pushing on the Mazda logo. I'm not sure which countries have it, but here in Canada we have a foam seal around the top half of the logo. The seal is very poor quality and mine has already broken without pushing on the logo. I can only imagine how easily the seal will break if...
  5. K

Show me your CX-5 wheels

Very nice. Further proof you can't go wrong with machined black on silver paint :) What size tires did you go with?
  6. K

Upgrade from 17 inch steels to alloys for Canadian GX based model

I was in the same situation you were. I have the silver CX-5 with steels and couldn't stand them. I bought a set of 18x8 after market rims and 235/55 R18 tires for $1800 installed. You can probably get them for cheaper if you shop around online. I chose to buy local. I'm now debating if I should...
  7. K

Thoughts about wheel upgrades

I got a +45 offset. I think it looks much better than the stock 50.
  8. K

Show me your CX-5 wheels

From what I've seen you can't go wrong with black machined face wheels on a silver CX-5. The 2 styles I leaned towards the most were 5 spoke split and Multispoke (7 or more).
  9. K

Any Complaints (hopefully all minor)

Yeah, it looks like that's how my front emblem is attached. No foam at all. Does anybody else have the foam on the rear emblem? If so does the emblem feel flimsy/leave a gap with the body?
  10. K

New CX-5 Touring - Leaking something - Possibly AC condensation?

I noticed this as well. Nothing to worry about if it looks and smells like water. Our Mazda 3 was famous for this as well. One minor side effect of an amazing AC system I guess.
  11. K

Any Complaints (hopefully all minor)

I just noticed my rear Mazda symbol has a gap between the body and the seal. I can literally stick my finger in between the symbol and the foam. Makes me wonder what is behind there and if it's responsible for the broken tail latch I had due to corrosion. Added to the list of issue to bring up...
  12. K

Show me your CX-5 wheels

Just got them on tonight and didn't have a decent camera. Sorry for the phone pics. Edit: Swapped out the phone pics with something a little better. 18x8 RTX Onyx 235x55 18R Yokohama Envigors
  13. K

CX-5 vs. Equinox comparison?

Here are a few key comparisons I made when our friends got an Equinox the same week we got our CX-5. Keep in mind this is FWD vs FWD. CX-5 Aggressive look I prefer. Better handling. Slightly better fuel economy. Assumed higher resale. Equinox 60 day money back if anything goes wrong. Sliding...
  14. K

Gas in oil?

After reading this post I smelled my oil and it had the same gas smell. I wonder if it has anything to do with the 0W20 oil? This is my first experience with such an oil.
  15. K

What about the 2013 Ford Escape?

Just got back from a Chev car show and sat in a 7.0L Camaro ZL1. Soooooo tempted.
  16. K

Remote start

I got the remote start for free through the loyalty program and we rarely use it. It's so bulky neither of us will put it on our key chains. That will probably change this winter but for now it sits in the house not getting used.
  17. K

Gas mileage question

I've noticed the same thing. When I fill up my range displays 630-640 km. When I finish the tank, it's more like 550-580 km (all city). It's an auto FWD. I'm hoping this will improve with time as there are draw backs to having sky active (lightweight hood that wobbles, loud engine idle...
  18. K

Still Waiting...

Wait until you get it and you have that awkward moment passing another CX-5 and you notice the other person is staring as much as you are lol.
  19. K

I'm not sure about the US but as far as Canada goes, GM currently has a 60 day full money back gaurantee. At least one of these companies is trying to give buyers some confidence when buying domestic. I'm tempted to grab a free Camaro for the summer lol.
  20. K

Every single person I know who has purchased a non truck, non focus Ford has regretted the purchase. Not only from the quality of vehicles point of view, but from the dealership and Ford Canada. The consensus I get is they really don't care about customer satisfaction.
Back