Search results

1. B

Won't start, only clicking sound (2008 CX-9)

Yep, it looks like a weak battery by the way the dash lights are dimming.
  2. B

New OEM side engine mount (passenger side), no threads in the top bracket hole

I replaced the passenger-side engine mount with an aftermarket brand (don't remember the brand), but it had the hole drilled and tapped for the bracket. That bracket looks like a bump stop to keep the mount from flexing too far. Maybe it's not needed in the later revisions of the mount.
  3. B

2007~2015 High mileage and parts breaking?

My '08 CX-9 has around 220k miles. Changed water pump, radiator, valve cover gaskets, front wheel bearings, and all three motor mounts. The front ball joints were replaced by Mazda under the recall a while back. Need to replace the transmission axle seals next. But all in all, I haven't done...
  4. B

Mazda CX9 2008 clock issue

Yep, you're correct. The GPS time format changed in 2019 and our '07/'08 Navi units need a firmware update to fix the issue. The firmware is not easily updated and Denso is not doing anything about it. I read a Corvette thread complaining of the same issue since some years used a similar Denso unit.
  5. B

BSM dislodged by fender bender - $890 fix?

My '08 CX-9 got rear ended and the right-side BSM stopped working. Turns out, the cover on the front of the BSM sensor must have fallen off in the accident and was nowhere to be found. The sensor got replaced in the insurance claim. I think the sensor price was around $600 on the insurance invoice.
  6. B

Elm 327 or Elmscan 5 Obd II Scan tool

I've used the USB version of the ELM 327 on Windows 7 and Windows 8 without any problems.
  7. B

Door Handle Assembly - Broken Smart Key Door Button

I think you are right about the rubber failing from use more than anything. I've seen lots of used CX-9's with a borken driver's side button and a good passenger button. It will be interesting to see if the replacement buttons last any longer than the original ones did. My Sister has a...
  8. B

You're so welcome. Good luck with the install, too! Let us know how it went.
  9. B

The smart entry button on this diagram is #3. It includes just the switch w/ rubber cover, and attached wiring harness. There is a distinction in the switch if you have a chrome or painted door handle though...
  10. B

What is the best Smart Key configuration?

That's true. Then again, if your Smart Card's battery went dead, you couldn't start the car with just the chipless key.
  11. B

Smart card key lost... and then more :( Some help

I am curious as well if anyone has made the 2010-12 advanced key fob to work in place of the 2007-09 advance key?
  12. B

2013 Mazda CX-9 World Premiere

It looks like the tail lights got redesigned too. I don't much care for the round exhaust tips over the original CX-9 oval ones.
  13. B

How do I tell which tow package I have?

That's good to know concerning the earlier AWD cars and the tow prep package. So, just for curiosity sake, what is the code on the radiator supposed to read for the higher towing capacity?
  14. B

How do I tell which tow package I have?

The easiest way to check if you have the tow prep package is to to look for two fan control boxes attached to the radiator. Non-tow prep vehicles will have two fans, but only one fan control box. I believe the AWD CX-9's have the tow prep package as standard equipment.
  15. B

Rubber button for entry door.

You don't have to buy the entire door handle to get a new switch. I ordered a new switch with the rubber part attached from the Mazda dealer. The new switch is held onto the door handle with a couple of tiny screws. To get to the bolts that hold the handle to the door, you have to remove the...
  16. B

CX9 ECU question.

I am pretty sure you need an ecu from a non all wheel drive car. You also need to get an ecu from a 2010 - 2012 car because some of the pins changed from the earlier CX-9's.
  17. B

cx9 power tailgate issues

It took me a while to figure out where the sensor strips are located. The sensor strips are located at the edges of the liftgate. The very outer strips of rubber on either sides of the window. if you give then a quick squeeze with your fingers while the liftgate is closing, it will beep and...
  18. B

A/C Blasts when key is turned off...

I just replaced both of the blue style ones with the newest black relays. I popped the cases off of the old blue ones and the contacs were severely burnt. The blower blowes much harder now with the new relays installed.
  19. B

BSM Sensor Failure

The BSM light on my 2008 is constabtly blinking as well. The RH mirror BSM light is also constantly flickering. I got into the NAVI test mode, but it didn't show any trouble codes. Is there a control box for the BSM system in addition to the right & left sensor modules?
Back