Search results

1. A

Mazda5 Sliding door issue

Mazda5 2009 GT right Sliding door. Handle is loose. It wont close unless slammed hard. What could be the problem? Is it just the handle or something else on the inside?
  2. A

Mazda5 CV axle replacement questions

For those who have replaced CV axle, at what mileage did you have to do it? What symptoms? Replace with aftermarket or OEM? Yesterday my M5 2009 Gt with 160k+ miles suddenly started vibrating when going over 60mph. Have replaced all mounts and known problematic suspension parts before. No...
  3. A

Roof rack no. CG39 V4 701

Does the OEM roof rack model cg39 v4 701 fit the Mazda5? I can't seem to find a definitive answer online. Thanks!
  4. A

Adjusting emergency brake

The hand emergency brakes on my M5 2009gt needs to be tightened. I found this video on youtube: Is it really as simple as tightening the screw clockwise? Anything I have to watch out for? Thanks
  5. A

P0134

I have a CEL with P0134 code on my M5 2009 GT with 124K+ miles. Most likely O2 sensor needs to be replaced for the first time. I just wanted to hear about experiences/opinions of those who have replaced theirs. Did it clear the code? Dis replacement last? Did you use OEM or aftermarket...
  6. A

P0401

P0401 and P2177 My 2009 5 GT with 117K+ miles just indicated Cel P0401 EGR flow insufficient. Is this likely a simple replacement job? I usually buy the part online and go to my mechanic to have it installed. Whatbrands are good to use or is it important to use OEM for this one? Thanks
  7. A

Brake power booster check valve

Does the 5 have this part? When you get a new power booster does it come with the check valve or is this a separate part?
  8. A

kyb 551105

For those who replaced their rear struts with these monotube upgrade what can you say about them? Is the ride better?
  9. A

Airbag lights

I have a 2009 M5 GT and recently noticed that the Passenger airbag off indicator on the passenger side dash which should be on when the seat is empty has not been turning on. Also on a few occasions the check airbag light has flashed. The issues are probably related buy im not sure. Anyone...
  10. A

P0126

What are the common causes and fixes for this CEL code? My M5 2009 GT has abt. 95k miles.
  11. A

Throttlebody replacement

Just replaced MAFS on mazda 5 2009 due to CEL code P0101. Light was off for about a week but came on again today. Local shop diagnosed throttlebody replacement needed. Theyre charging OEM $600+ and $150 for labor. Mechanic recommends OEM only for the part and not to use aftermarket. Anyone...
  12. A

MAFS: OEM vs. aftermarket

Has anyone had experience with aftermarket MAFS for Mazda 5? Theres a Denso on amazon for $47.
  13. A

KYB rear strut choices

I am replacing rear struts and deciding bet. KYB 551105 gasajust OR 343412 excel g. Gasajusts are $10 more on amazon. Why are they better than excel g? Do they last longer? Thanks.
  14. A

check engine light

My mazda 5 2009 gt with 85k miles check engine light turned on when i started car this morning. I havent had it scanned but wanted to know some possible common problems considering the car's age and mileage? Thanks.
  15. A

Moog end links

I am looking to replace front sway bar end links. What is the difference bet. Moog K80235 and K80867? Thanks.
  16. A

Strut replacement

I know KYB struts have been a popular choice for many here. A local mechanic suggested bilstein to me. They are almost the same price online. Has anyone used bilsteins? What would be the better replacement for a mazda 5 2009?
  17. A

FSB bushings

Its been a little over a year now since I had FSB bushings replaced with OEM bushings on my 2009 mazda5 GT 69K+ mileage and the knocking is back during cold weather and around first 10 min of driving. Are there other parts that are likely needing to be replaced at this point and is causing...
  18. A

Spark plugs

What are the original plugs for mazda 5 2009 gt? Dealer quoted me $17 each.
  19. A

Rear brakepad

Local dealer quoted $111 for rear brake pads mazda 5 2009. What brand are these OEM pads and where can i get cheaper online? Thanks
  20. A

mazda 5 2009 GT transmission issue

I have a 2009 5 GT with 39000+ miles on it. I am in San Diego CA. Last weekend coming from a trip from Phoenix, AZ I noticed that the transmission slipped after leaving a restaurant. No problems on the highway and at fast speeds. Seems to be slipping when engine is colder. Brought it to...
Back