Search results

1. B

impressions of a '14 CX-5 GT after long road trip

PJenson has the fuel economy stuff right. The "instant" fuel economy on the CX-5 is not quite instant as apps like Torque connected bluetooth updates many times a second and shows a much better picture of what is always happening. The "skyactive" tech is much more efficient than a normal...
  2. B

With windows up: affect of A/C on mileage?

I figure a/c usage of gas would likely be very different depending on different speeds and conditions (acceleration, cruising at speed, deceleration of course, etc) which is why I bolded the assumption about how the approx 10% figure would only be significant if it remained constant. Knowing...
  3. B

With windows up: affect of A/C on mileage?

At least at idle, it is easy to measure by turning the AC on and off while measuring the instant gas usage with a tool or app that can read the CPU data and seeing the difference. I've previously noted the below gas usage at idle: At idle, my CX-5 uses around .12 to .15 gallons per hour when...
  4. B

A/T: Does the car shift to neutral when at a stand still?

Below is another older thread about the same thing also. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123830016-Acceleration-Jolt&p=6163229&highlight=#post6163229
  5. B

A/T: Does the car shift to neutral when at a stand still?

Other people have also felt the sudden "lurching". See the below thread also. http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123834776-Sensitive-Accellerator&p=6226721&highlight=#post6226721 If you are not on level ground, the hill stop assist automatically applies the brakes slightly when you...
  6. B

Information diplay regarding "Miles Remaining".

You can see from my fuelly fillups that our usual fillup is 11.x to 12.x gallons. I also have the 14.8 gallon tank and know that the "miles remaining" is a very conservative estimate. My wife panics anytime the gauge gets close to 0 miles remaining but I think there is at least 1/8 of a tank...
  7. B

CX-5 Miles Per Gallon (MPG)

If you did what Caliche mentioned, reset your average speed, saw it go down to 0, then saw it go back to 14 MPH after a tank, then you must be spending a lot of time idling while not moving or going very slowly. The EPA test for "city" fuel economy averages 21 mph so if you are really averaging...
  8. B

Sensitive Accellerator

Well speaking from experience with my 6MT, moving your foot from the brake to the accelerator when not on level ground causes the car to not move for an instant then suddenly move forward when the hill stop assist quits "assisting". It is really noticable and I assume someone who isn't used to...
  9. B

Sensitive Accellerator

Note that what you might be feeling is the hill stop assist feature. Basically, the car applies brakes when you are stopped and not on completely level ground then "unbrakes" about a second after you take your foot off the brake. So if you lift your foot off the brake and press the...
  10. B

Cup holder-Armrest rattle

I have a CX-5 sport with manual transmission and my seat belt clips don't have the same problem. I sent you a couple of pics in IM.
  11. B

Trading my Mazda CX-5 for a 2014 Subaru Forester XT

The subject of this thread is a little misleading given that the OP purchased another CX-5 after this. I think a good summary to this thread is that the OP test drove a Forester XT and fell in love with the turbo power when accelerating at WOT but ended up changing his mind and buying a newer...
  12. B

Getting polish/wax off the plastic trim?

I would never use what I would consider to be an "abrasive" eraser even though we are talking about the plastic and not the paint. Just to be clear, I'm talking about a non-abrasive "magic rub" eraser (made by sanford) and not the mr. clean "magic eraser"
  13. B

Getting polish/wax off the plastic trim?

I've used magic rub eraser and it worked great.
  14. B

Front Hood Vibration

The last 2 pictures are exactly what I had when I got my CX-5 seem to be some adhesive from the clear protective plastic. It came off after a bit of effort washing and buffing pretty good. The first 2 pictures appear to be something else. Hopefully someone can figure out what those are and do...
  15. B

2014 CX-5 New Owner Observations: First Mountain Drive (2.5L Touring AWD)

Nice review. Note that the tflcar review was done in 2012 for the 2013 AWD 2.0 model which is no longer offered. The 2.0 is relatively underpowered compared to some of the other small SUV competitors so this is felt more at altitude. The 2.5 has the best power and torque per weight in the...
  16. B

Missing my pickup!

I say borrow your neighbors pickup. :)
  17. B

Acceleration Jolt

I would guess it is the hill launch assist that you are feeling. This is probably mostly welcome for some drivers on manual transmission vehicles it is on the automatic also. Per Mazda: Hill Launch Assist (HLA) This feature helps assist CX-5 drivers when accelerating the vehicle from a stop...
  18. B

Need more information then you really need.

I've read the document last year and it is a good one. Page 20 has an important description of delayed intake closing. Basically this gives a longer expansion stroke than compression stroke and is known more generally as atkinson cycle although Mazda uses the term miller cycle (which more...
  19. B

Are you getting the 430 miles range claimed by Mazda after filling up?

Note that it seems the remaining to empty is somewhat based on your previous tank fuel economies so this is normal. Also, note that some of the numbers you are seeing mentioned are from overseas members who have the higher compression ratio gas and the higher fuel economy diesels.
  20. B

CX-5 Windshield Sun Shade / Visor

I got the Costco one last year but it left some silver stuff on my dash that was kind of hard to come off. I then bought the sunshade on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007IVSMTA/?tag=m20b7-20) but haven't really used it since it hasn't been really hot out yet.
Back