Search results

1. S

Longevity of 2013 Mazda5? I have 75k, thinking of trading it.

Same issue with my Speed 3. Mazda suspension is garbage.
  2. S

Mazda5 2.3. Can I pull the engine with the transmission still in the car?

So I guess the 3 and 5 engines are identical then? Are the transmissions the same too?
  3. S

2008 Mazda5 Transmission Control Module Replacement *Experience*

I did not have to program anything when I replaced mine.
  4. S

Transmission Solenoid Problem or something else?

I have a 2010 Mazda 5 that had issues in the past with the transmission computer throwing a bad solenoid code and going into limp mode. When looking to replace the solenoids I found a listing on ebay saying that if you get these codes the transmission computer is bad and has to be replaced or...
  5. S

Please delete

Please delete. Posted in wrong subforum. Sorry!!
  6. S

Anyone know if you can swap a bad SRS Airbag Module for a good one w/o reprogramming?

Swapped in a module from ebay and it worked fine. Didn't need to reprogram it.
  7. S

Anyone know if you can swap a bad SRS Airbag Module for a good one w/o reprogramming?

Got into an accident with my 2010 Mazda 5. Airbags did not deploy but since the collision the airbag light is flashing code 12. Hooked it up to FORScan and am reading codes B1318 (low voltage) and B1342 (ECU defective). From what I have read B1318/code 12 indicates the ECU has bad capacitors and...
  8. S

Mz3, Ms3, and Mz6 Service Manuals for Download

any working links for 1st gen speed3?
  9. S

MS3 has 37k miles and o2 sensors may need to be replaced AGAIN.

I am in need of some advice. I had to have my O2 sensors replaced on my 08 MS3 for some unknown reason around 2 years ago at ~20k miles. I mentioned to them that I was getting poor gas mileage and that I thought that the engine was running rich - causing the O2 sensors to foul. The dealership...
  10. S

Crutchfield Modified Fit

I did NOT have to cut the rear support bracket to fit my AVIC U310BT so make sure that yours won't fit before you cut anything. I didn't fit at first but once I moved the wiring harness out of the way it popped right in.
  11. S

Installed Pioneer X930BT in my Mazda2

Headunit in my 2 was made by Sanyo.
  12. S

I don't know how the mazda 2 is, but with my 3 I was able to buy a $50 adapter that let me use my steering wheel controls with my pioneer head unit.
  13. S

Bad gas mileage. Want to try updating ECU firmware but Mazda wants $95.

No mods, car is bone stock (except for the radio). I used to get around 13-15mpg around town, but now I get about 16-18mpg after changing the spark plugs. I think the old ones had gotten fouled. Car has 34k miles. I changed the spark plugs, air filter, (and front brake pads :() at 30k. The O2...
  14. S

Bad gas mileage. Want to try updating ECU firmware but Mazda wants $95.

So I have been getting pretty poor gas mileage compared to most people's MS3. Recently I took a 600mile trip which was mostly on the interstate with windows up and AC off. I only got about 24mpg. I was talking to one of the salesmen at Mazda when I bought my wife's 2. He owns a heavily modded...
  15. S

Just bumping this thread to find out if you needed to cut the rear support. I am installing a Pioneer AVIC-U310 into my wife's new 2 and just bought the Scosche kit. Anyone have any experience with it?
Back