Search results

1. A

Sold my 2014 CX-5

84K when I sold it. Some suspension noises were noticed when climbing a driveway (low creaking sound) but not really otherwise. Belt tensioner: don't think so. Oil control valve: not replaced, but maybe starting to go bad? No drips below the car but some little oil residue on the top left. Is...
  2. A

Sold my 2014 CX-5

I finally sold my 2014 CX-5 Touring AWD private-party, after a little over 8 years of using the car. My plan was to sell it in 2020, but I decided to avoid it because of Covid. Except for some initial troubles with the hood shake and side mirror shake, it was mostly trouble free. It had some...
  3. A

1+ Billion Lotto Jackpot

I would not sink money in cars. Maybe skimp a little less. Homes, yes.
  4. A

So long, it’s been great

Enjoy and good luck with your new ride!
  5. A

So this happened

Is there any damage to the paint, under-body or anything in the proximity of the wheel?
  6. IMG_20190705_172720.jpg

IMG_20190705_172720.jpg

7. A

For those eagerly awaiting Gen 3

I was talking mostly about loud, heavy and inefficient Harleys, with modified exhaust or "improved" shitboxes with a loud exhaust. Those are just a public menace and should be outlawed. Also, the Ferrari video is a rarity for most of us: 1. Empty road: in reality, the Ferrari will be stuck...
  8. A

Just stupid. Should have outlawed loud motorcycles and loud modified exhaust. Willing to exchange any day the engine noise with robust immediate torque.
  9. A

Well, here in San Jose most people already have a 2nd car anyway. Most people don't need to drive to SoCal often (why not fly?) and, even if you did go with your EV, you'd need two to three quick charges to make it, so not a big deal for such a long trip anyway. More people will drive to Tahoe...
  10. A

Yeah, nothing like the roaring sound of a 4 cylinder :)
  11. A

Sure, do what you want! With the Prius, we could get 50 MPG with an effort, 47 MPG without an effort. It really saves on fuel, but it is not fun to drive, a lot because of the transmission it has. The RAV4 Hybrid has the same system and same transmission. I did not drive it, but assume it is...
  12. A

"Launch" does not say anything about how efficient or how much it costs. It only says that (i) people are buying cars with this engine (ii) the engine is not mired with quality issues / fails etc. Hence, it is a successful launch.
  13. A

IMHO, as a previous Prius owner, Hybrid vehicles are just a stepping stone to the real thing, which are EVs. As such, Mazda should avoid them and go directly to full EVs. It is true Toyota has priced, e.g. RAV4 Hybrid as a very attractive option for consumers and finally it does get pretty...
  14. A

How in God’s name do you disable the auto-folding mirrors?

I find this funny too! This is mostly for Europe feature, where parking spots are very narrow. Here in the US, sometimes it could be useful in compact spots, but usually it is not needed, so it is perfectly understandable why someone would want to disable it.
  15. A

new 8 speed transmission coming?

On the other hand, an 8 speed could help Mazda gain ~2 MPG, when coupled with a 4-Cylinder. It will also help with competing with entry level luxury models. They are making a comeback
  16. A

new 8 speed transmission coming?

Inline 6 is the relatively new hotness in engine design, very smooth and powerful, is now used by the European brands. This should be great for the CX-9 and higher trim 6, especially if provided with RWD. This is inline with Mazda's aspirations to position themselves as a premium brand and...
  17. A

Small OE spare on AWD vehicles

The main take-away for me is that changing all 4 tires is equally encouraged for both FWD and AWD and that, at least in the rear for the CX-5, even a huge diameter difference will not cause drivetrain damage for 10s of miles and possibly few 100s of miles. Regarding speed, I believe this is for...
  18. A

These sections do not appear in my manual! For those thinking of not having a spare at all, it definitely depends on where you plan to drive your car. If only in town / never far from civilization, then maybe you can get by with roadside assistance. For those of us that occasionally drive to...
  19. A

Well, actually, I mounted my spare temporarily on the front wheel, but then went through a long process of putting a full size wheel on the front and the spare on the back, only with the kit available in the car. I fully agree it is dangerous to put it on the front, because it will be harder to...
Back