Search results

1. P

Protege5 A/T shift problem

I don't know much about the automatic transmission but I found this... It looks like there are no relays. The solenoids appear to be driven directly from the ECU. Here's a link to the FSM. http://www.floptical.net/mazda/
  2. P

PCB's Unbuild Thread

My wing was a disaster. Lol I should have at least bought a quality clear coat. Fortunately, I don't really care too much. It's just an old rusty car, but it sucks to lose my enthusiasm for it. I'm just doing regular maintenance now and don't want to spend too much money on it. The car...
  3. P

PCB's Unbuild Thread

I'm not sure if those closeout parts are still available, but the link still works. You can also Google a 5% off RockAuto discount code. My latest code has expired. (it's hard to find a working code that is more than 5%)
  4. P

MK1 MX-5 turns over but won't run. Help!

I don't know how the Miata compares to my P5, but look into this. https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/protege5-overheated-need-help-with-the-repair.123873293/page-2#post-6702169
  5. P

Protege5 Overheated, need help with the repair

Make sure that your harmonic balancer looks like this, with the keyway and missing tooth aligned like in the picture. The toothed ring and outer pulley are glued to the inner pulley and it can break free and slip. See if your alignment marks correspond with TDC.
  6. P

Protege5 Overheated, need help with the repair

You could use a jumper wire to kick in the fuel pump to verify that it works, but I think your ECU has decided to shut down your engine. I know that the ECU will shut down the engine if it gets no crank sensor data. Check out the crank sensor and its wiring. (I forget if that was mentioned...
  7. P

PCB's Unbuild Thread

My Coleman stove is ancient. You could fuel it with gasoline. Back in the day before they put alcohol in the gas. Naptha is about $20 a gallon.
  8. P

PCB's Unbuild Thread

That's a good idea !! I'm gonna cook some back bacon Eh. Lol
  9. P

Radiator fan not on automatically

The fan isn't supposed to turn on until the car is quite hot. You could just idle your car until the dash temperature gauge starts to rise above the halfway mark to see if the fan kicks in, but that's risky because, by the time your factory gauge starts rising above half, you're dangerously...
  10. P

Radiator fan not on automatically

Your car may not have been hot enough to kick the fan on. The temperature gauge on the dash is a dummy gauge and is kinda useless. Some code readers will tell you the actual temperature that the ECU is reading. There are two codes that you could throw if the ECU detects a problem with the...
  11. P

PCB's Unbuild Thread

I was drunk... I cleaned it up. I left the pictures of when I did donuts in the parking lot. That was related to my car. Lol
  12. P

PCB's Unbuild Thread

13. P

PCB's Unbuild Thread

A list of quick links... https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-quick-links-sticky-version.123715657/
  14. P

Oil drain plug flew out on highway

This is the other end of my J-pipe. Lol I'm not messing with that crap unless I have to. Lol
  15. P

The nut on the stud with the washer is probably seized. That's probably why it isn't threaded on all the way. It's probably better to use a washer than to bottom out the stud and hope the nut starts turning. Having the springs fully compressed could have weakened the springs a bit. Having them...
  16. P

Poll: What's the main reason you became a Mazdas247 Member?

I bought my '02 Protege5 in 2009 and then, after 2 years of spending way too much at the mechanics, I decided to join Mazdas247 to learn about my car and how to do my own maintenance. I had to start with buying a computer, learning how to work it, then try to join the community. I had a hard...
  17. P

Bring Back The Mazda MP3!

I think Mazda should bing back the MP3 or something sporty like it that is only available as a standard / manual. Keeping it as simple as possible. A big step away from a Google car. For people like me that only want to drive a standard. They could start an instant cult following for only...
  18. P

That could mean that the springs are sagging and don't need as much torque to compress them, but it is kinda hard to give a torque spec when you're working against spring pressure. The springs aren't supposed to be fully compressed because they would be bottomed out, then the joint would have no...
  19. P

P5 ECUs

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/thinking-of-turbocharging-your-p5-heres-a-guide-for-getting-started.123727771/
  20. P

P5 ECUs

As far as I remember, you can piggyback the ECU or go stand alone. It's all here in this forum somewhere. I didn't follow mods much.