Search results

1. B

Snow Chains CX9 2018 signature

The chains from Security Chain Company are really low profile and easy to put on. We used them on my wife’s van last year and it has minimal clearance. They worked excellent. The van used siZe SZ249s Security Chain Company SZ429 Super Z6 Cable Tire Chain for Passenger Cars, Pickups, and SUVs -...
  2. B

Will 2016+ 18" wheels be ok on a 2011 CX-9 in regard to TPMS?

My mom currently has a 2011 FWD CX-9. She recently moved to an area where it snows and is planning on replacing her 2011 CX-9 with the newest generation next year. I am going to use my yearly bonus check to buy snow tires and wheels for her as it will make her more comfortable driving in the...
  3. B

My "follow-along" Mazda5 Suspension upgrade

The sticky grease is included. I've never heard a peep out of mine but I live in SoCal. I'm not sure how these will fair in a sandy environment, the factory rubber is probably better for that. Clean the sleeves really well so they are shiny and smooth.
  4. B

You cut out, drill out, burn out, etc. all of the rubber until you have a smooth sleeve remaining. Then insert the bushing and follow that up with the pin. The pin is not easy to get in when under the car but probably not bad when using a press.
  5. B

Here is the info for the Ford Focus trailing arm bushings from Energy Suspension. Energy Suspension 4.7124G Rear Trailing Arm Bushing Set fit Ford Focus http://r.ebay.com/pdIyeg The install is not fun.
  6. B

Energy Suspension trailing arm bushings

I used the energy suspension parts for a Focus.
  7. B

Energy Suspension trailing arm bushings

The shell is retained and used as a large surface for the load on the arm to be transmitted through bushing to the pin. The fit is very tight and the bushing is retained by the flange section of the pin. The pins require a press or some creativity to push in. I honestly can't remember how many...
  8. B

2006+ Mazda5 Rear Shocks Replacement

For those folks that would like to be lowered these are the only bushings that you can't center to a lower height. The best thing is to replace them with the Energy Suspension bushings since they are free to rotate in the shells.
  9. B

2006+ Mazda5 Rear Shocks Replacement

Is your van lowered at all? That bushing has a twist at anything lower than stock height and won't last long.
  10. B

Replacing my trailing arm bushings with Energy Suspension polyurethane helped with my tire wear. You might have worn trailing arm or toe arm bushings. The toe arms are fairly inexpensive and easy to replace. These vans do tend to wear out the rear tires due to excessive camber though even with...
  11. B

ATF Recommendations. What fluid, cooler, filter? Share your experience on the Mz5!

Yes the inside of the filter was pretty clean but no photos. The miles on our van involve about 60% highway driving. I had done a partial change to Mobil 1 ATF at 60k and 100k was the first full change. I let my most recent change go a little long at 155k and the Mobil 1 came out looking pretty...
  12. B

ATF Recommendations. What fluid, cooler, filter? Share your experience on the Mz5!

Mine is at 158,000 miles doing the same maintenance interval. I also did the filter around 100k and it looked clean.
  13. B

If it doesn't smell I'll be using Amsoil next time. The Mobil 1 and Valvoline smell is strong if you spill any at all.
  14. B

oil cooler gasket replaced and leaking again

Gasket maker didn't work for my '08. I needed the vehicle so I had to pony up for the new version of the oil cooler at the dealership.
  15. B

Must stop the knocking!!!

I wonder if those seats are the cause of the creaking noise I get when I come to a stop. At 160k it might be worth upgrading.
  16. B

It is really 18mm because that's what I bought to tighten the links. The MS3 is a different part number. I didn't see any slot but I'm happy to look under the vehicle and take a picture. It's possible I missed the slot but I was under there for a while.
  17. B

I just did front and rear at 156k miles. The rears were original and I did the fronts about 75k ago with OEM bushings. It seems that even the upgraded bushings only last 75k and that's in relatively nice Southern California. My front and rear end links are Moog. This time around I installed...
  18. B

ATF Recommendations. What fluid, cooler, filter? Share your experience on th... I did a full flush again tonight. The last time I did it was when the van had 110k on it and I replaced the original filter at that time. The original filter wasn't dirty at 110k so I didn't replace it this time. I...
  19. B

He is probably running Bilstein HDs intended for a Volvo V50. The suspension parts are the same and the Volvo tends to be a little heavier than a Mazda5. Volvo V50 curb weight 3344-3521 pounds Mazda5 curb weight 3333-3389 pounds http://www.partsgeek.com/mmparts/shocks/volvo/v50.html...
  20. B

Don't put factory Mazdaspeed3 springs on your 5 because they aren't has high of a spring rate. Aftermarket coilovers may work for you though.