Search results

1. ColoradoDriver

Disppointments/missing things in your CX-5?

Right exactly. Plus they'd hate that I don't take 10 minutes to get up to speed limit from a stop.
  2. ColoradoDriver

How You Earn a living

I worked for Xerox for about 3 years early in my career. They had just recently bought ACS at the time which became their managed IT services (basically IT outsourcing) portion of the business (where I was), so had nothing to do with printers/copiers.
  3. ColoradoDriver

Disppointments/missing things in your CX-5?

This. As for the car, there is the privacy reason, but I also just don't want more vectors for people to hack my car. Hearing about cars like Teslas with "updates" just makes me cringe. Not sure what connected services is being referred to with the CX-30, but that's where I am at with it.
  4. ColoradoDriver

2013~2016 New Tires

Happy with my General Altimax RT43's (H speeds, not the T speeds). They don't corner quite as well as my old Michelins did, but considering the cost savings, pretty happy with them. Great on dry, great in rain. Did get caught in one snowstorm in them before my snow tire switchover and they...
  5. ColoradoDriver

Fuel Injector Cleaning

Maybe for people like us. I think the average person doesn't know or care.
  6. ColoradoDriver

Report: Diesel CX-5 Discontinued

That wasn't the problem. Problem was Mazda marketing it as the top trim "luxury" model. It was the highest priced, highest trim model of the CX-5 in the US. That completely misses the diesel demographic in my opinion.
  7. ColoradoDriver

Report: Diesel CX-5 Discontinued

Is anyone surprised? People wanted a diesel CX-5. People did not want a $41k diesel CX-5.
  8. ColoradoDriver

Off Topic Air Fryers

I'm just glad to see I am not the only one who likes rectangle cut sandwiches versus triangles.
  9. ColoradoDriver

How You Earn a living

Oh this looks fun. Release Manager for a fortune 10 company. Basically manage release for our digital platforms Web and Mobile, back-end services, etc. But most importantly make sure we can pass audits (i.e. dev can't just push shit to prod). In our industry, very highly regulated and need to...
  10. ColoradoDriver

Off Topic So slow I'm ashamed...

Wonder if Zen 3 is going to delay to 2021 now that AMD is releasing a Zen 2 refresh in July.
  11. ColoradoDriver

AWD with no badge?

I love your posts.
  12. ColoradoDriver

Jack Stand Recall

Yikes. Will keep using my ramps then...
  13. ColoradoDriver

AWD with no badge?

My AWD definitely has a badge. Other way to check I think would be to see if your CX-5 has a front transfer case. If it does, it's AWD, if not, it's FWD.
  14. ColoradoDriver

Baffling photo

It doesn't. See above posts.
  15. ColoradoDriver

Fixed my freezing issue. Started up the hardware monitors and my CPU was hitting 100C under load watercooled! Turns out the jetplate which directs the waterflow through the water channels in the EK waterblock was almost completely gunked up and blocked restricting waterflow. Cleaned up and all...
  16. ColoradoDriver

How you doing?

I just go out to get what I need and call it good.
  17. ColoradoDriver

They don't make 10-series cards anymore, so it would be the used market like eBay. Any that are still "new" as in sealed never used are probably what you are seeing for $900.
  18. ColoradoDriver

This was an interesting read. Seems like the RTX cards really only make sense if games are optimized for Turing. Otherwise 1080 Ti is still king (minus the 2080 Ti). https://www.techspot.com/review/2017-geforce-1080-ti-vs-rtx-2070-super-vs-radeon-5700-xt/
  19. ColoradoDriver

How you doing?

401k works if you know how to use it. Just shoving 100% allocation to a "Retirement Date" fund is pretty much the absolute wrong way to do it.
  20. ColoradoDriver

Nothing to scoff at there.