• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

Search results

1. D

2020 CX5 Press Release

Yes, the MX-5 GT models had the sound enhancer. It's a rubber tube that runs from the intake system to the interior of the cabin through the firewall. It enhances the sucking sound of the intake. I removed mine the second day I owned the car. According to feedback on the MX-5 Forum, most, if...
  2. D

Round 2

If you don't already, get a class 3 hitch installed. It may help a bit in a high speed hit but will help a lot in a low speed hit. A few months ago, I got rear ended at a red light by a guy driving a 5 year old Camry. I sustained absolutely no damage. He had a smashed grill and a broken...
  3. D

i stop problems

Your camera setting is set too low. Keep it set to a minimum of 12.2 volts.
  4. D

2017~2020 Auto lighting issue

I agree with you whole heartedly about leaving the auto headlights on and turning off the auto wipers. In fact, IMHO, the auto wipers should never be used. The reason I say that is because all too frequently, the auto wipers come on before the rain has had a chance to wash away any accumulated...
  5. D

OEM Trailer Hitch

They did use a steak knife.
  6. D

Non-CD also in the US for 2020 Mazda3

According to the Service Manager at my dealership, the torque converter is stronger or heavy duty compared to the non-CD versions. That's why you feel the grabbing or pulsing at very slow speeds. Just passing on what he said after I complained about it. Since then, I have gotten used to it...
  7. D

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

It won't hurt the paint. The polisher is a single bonnet, orbital action polisher that is geared down just like the big guys. Like the OP said, because it is so small, it takes forever to do a large vehicle. For a small vehicle, it would be perfect.
  8. D

Conrad 16.5, I found out what happens when you leave them alone, unattended, without a chaperone.
  9. D

3 and 4 are glycol based. 5 is silicone based. But, 5.1 is okay with 3 and 4. Are we confused yet????????:)
  10. D

I know from personal experience that your CX5 will be very, very happy. It will take them a while to get used to each other but eventually they will actually be going out together. I can't tell you how many nights I have gone out to the garage only to find both of them not there. Usually...
  11. D

Most Race Tracks do not recognize the wimpy roll bars that come standard on the newer Miatas. In order to track or race, the owners must have sanctioned bars installed.
  12. D

Dangerous cylinder deactivation trouble on 2018 CX-5 and 6 models

Mazda had the same problem with the new Miata RF models when they first came out. Parasitic drain was causing the RF batteries to go dead within a few days. Took forever for Mazda to figure it out. At least it seemed so for the owners of the new RFs. BTW, the RF is not a cheap Miata...
  13. D

I did a few interior changes too. Nothing very drastic. https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123866947-2018-GT-Stainless-Steel-Interior-Bling&highlight=
  14. D

Absolutely no problem after replacing the tape. The strip fits very tightly to the body. Water and dirt do not cause any problems either. Sorry that I can't recommend any particular seller. It's been too long since I got this and don't remember. However, I did get it off of ebay from a...
  15. D

Yes, over a year ago, I added this and many other chrome pieces. Some of them are actually real stainless steel as opposed to chromed plastic. https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123866018-Chrome-Haters-Beware-)&highlight=
  16. D

Not only to the car but sometimes in the pants of the Perp.
  17. D

Center armrest too short

Yes, there is. This is an extended arm rest that is working out quite well for my wife and me. See my thread for details. https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123867868-A-Very-Comfortable-Center-Console-Arm-Rest&highlight=
  18. D

CD only improves, at best, 2 to three mpg. I can assure you, the jump of 40 mpg had nothing to do with CD. Welcome to the forum. It will behoove you to read up on any subjects that may be of interest to you. During the past couple of years, a lot of information has been shared on this...
  19. D

I have this type of device on my current MX-5, CX-5 and all other vehicles that I have owned over the past 5 years or so. During that time, I have had many police vehicles behind me at stop signs or stop lights. On my CX-5, my high mount stop light flashes 6 times in a strobe light fashion...
  20. D

I believe he is referring to his 19 CX-5 T (Touring), which does not have a turbo.