• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

Search results

1. MyFirstMazda

Circles/squares on your Mazda are not for towing or pulling onto flatbed

As per this video, the narrator explains that the 'tow bar' access areas through the bumpers are not to be used. Ever. They were used for securing the cars while transporting them to the USA.
  2. MyFirstMazda

Tire Rotation Vid and Q

Question about the rear jacking point. In the Mazda picture it shows a circle with the fin area in the center of the circle, of the rear differential for the awd model. There are two protrusions there on the 2018 that are threaded. I used those as the jack point. Is this correct? There is also a...
  3. MyFirstMazda

What led backup bulbs did people pick?

I want to replace my backup bulbs to something brighter, so the backup cam and rear visibility is better when in reverse. How many people did this? What led bulbs did you use? Is it easy to replace the backup bulbs on the gen2 CX-5?
  4. MyFirstMazda

Off Topic Toyota recalling almost 700,000 cars. Bad fuel pump.

That's a lot of cars. Recall
  5. MyFirstMazda

Mazda Nav is so stupid sometimes

I tried to enter a destination address and the stupid Mazda nav just can't figure it out. Even though I put in a NJ zip code it thinks it is in NY, and then it says it is 16 miles away (spin). I will have to bring my portable GPS for navigation to this particular address. Also there is no way to...
  6. MyFirstMazda

For those people who changed their battery, did you use a memory savor?

I guess my question is, can the battery be disconnected and reconnected with no ill effects other than the clock? Some cars may not start after the battery is disconnected and reconnected. I was thinking of getting a memory savor but maybe it is not really necessary.
  7. MyFirstMazda

Retro video of 2013 CX-5

It was a nice car even back then.
  8. MyFirstMazda

Custom Funnel for Oil Changes

This funnel might be worth considering to get. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ed7877DMfk
  9. MyFirstMazda

It's a miracle! Scotty likes the gen2 Mazda CX-5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByOAh5buCUQ
  10. MyFirstMazda

Rear Door Drainage

I made a video showing how the rear doors don't drain good while the doors are closed. The front doors drain fine when closed. Anyway, it can potentially lead to rust. Opening them to drain after getting soaking wet, and hitting them with an anti-rust oil should prevent any potential rust...
  11. MyFirstMazda

Scotty Kilmer ranks Mazda #4

He ranks manufacturers from lowest to highest, in his opinion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5XVqbEgSIE
  12. MyFirstMazda

Reusing Crush Washer

The oil plug crush washer looked to have plenty of thickness to reuse it. So I reconditioned it, took a couple minutes with tools I had handy. Sanded it on a flat surface with 1200 grit sandpaper to get all ridges out and to flatten it, and then annealed it by hitting it with the torch for a few...
  13. MyFirstMazda

Cheap oil filter end-cap wrench set that has one that fits the Thailand filer

I just bought a Harbor Freight oil filter wrench set for $6.15 using a 20% coupon, $7.69 without a 20% coupon. The smallest one is a perfect fit for the Mazda Thailand oil filter, I checked the fit. An end-cap style wrench is easiest to use in tight quarters...
  14. MyFirstMazda

Did you have the rocker issue recall work done? Post your experience here

If you had the recall work done for the rocker arm concern, post your experience here. I think it will benefit others to hear about your experience with getting the recall work done, for example how long it took. If you notice anything different about your car after the work, for example if your...
  15. MyFirstMazda

I heard a new noise. Does the AC condensation make a noise?

I heard a noise like a party horn, but quieter today, twice. It was a warm humid day and I had the AC on and was parked. I heard this horn noise that was loud enough to make me look out the window for a kid making noise. I drove off and when I was at a stop light I heard it again. I sort of...
  16. MyFirstMazda

Got an email: Announcing Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Integration for your Mazda

Got an email: Announcing Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Integration for your Mazda Got this email today. Should I call them? I'm sure it would be very expensive. The email said this: 'Connect your Mazda and the rest of your world like never before. If you have not yet installed this...
  17. MyFirstMazda

Click noise in the back

I notice a click noise once in a while from the back of the car. It sounds sort of like a solenoid or lock switch. I know it isn't the locks though. Could it be the solenoid on the evap system? It happens when the car is thoroughly warmed up, but not often enough for me to pinpoint it.
  18. MyFirstMazda

Quietest/best windshield wipers ever

I was driving in the rain and the windshield wipers are so quiet and wipe the entire windshield, best out of all my cars from the past. My cars of the past always made clunky motor/wiper noise and didn't wipe the entire windshield. On a negative note the rear doors drain poorly. I opened them...
  19. MyFirstMazda

AC works good

It was 82 degrees today and I put a thermometer in the vent. The thermometer read 39/40. So that is plenty of cold coming out of the vents. Going by feel is subjective, the other day I felt like it wasn't really getting that cold but it turns out that it is getting cold and I was just hot that day.
  20. MyFirstMazda

Lug Nuts

I wanted to see if my impact gun would remove the lug nuts on the wheels, sometimes they come very tight from the factory. It came off and I put it back on. I used a shortish 17mm socket. I noticed that the top of the lug nut got pushed in, no longer round. It must be hollow and pretty thin...