• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

Search results

1. V

DIY Mazda5 Roof Rack

Okay, I did miss this until you mentioned it in the intro thread. Very nice job! I ended up paying big bucks for the Thule one.. Not $600, but not far off. A little bit of regret is creeping in.. lol.
  2. V

Introduce myself

Hello! Good looking 5 you have there. I do plan on modding my 5 over time. I've spent a decent amount of time in your build thread. I like your 5 a lot. I want to do suspension, but the stock stuff is stiff perfect, so I'm putting that off. I will probably do the K-style body kit. I was going...
  3. V

Dash Cam Install - Vantrue N2 Pro w/install kit.

Installation of a dash camera, the Vantrue N2 Pro. This is a very neat camera that I purchased for $149.99 on Amazon during a promotion. I also used the Vantrue wiring kit which makes a clean install easy. It has a front facing and rear facing lens. Very useful for Uber or Lyft drivers, though...
  4. V

Sport Van & Roadster

I like the options your van has. And the stuff you added like the tailgate lift is dope. Here's the 5 with my '13 MX-5 Club wheels.
  5. V

Sport Van & Roadster

Here's my 5. I just got it.
  6. V

Bilstein B4 and OE strut bearing

I am a Bilstein fan myself. I have the DFV coilovers with RB stabilizers on my MX-5. Its an excellent pairing for a street car. I should probably not rule the B4 out just yet. You said the H&R springs aren't a good match for the B4, and that may be true. Do you know of an alternative spring set...
  7. V

Bilstein B4 and OE strut bearing

Hows the ride been after a few miles? Also wondering if you bother to load the suspension when you tightened those lower bearings? I might have read that they could bind up if torqued at full droop. thanks
  8. V

Planning Mazda5 suspension overhaul

I agree Bilstein B4 with stock springs is a good budget set. Its like half the price of a B6 or B8. It might feel too stock for my preference being OE replacement. I'm still leaning toward B6 or B8 with the H&R springs. I know there is nothing wrong with mismatching brands front-to-rear but...
  9. V

That seems like a plan to me. The B8 suspension is expensive, so skipping the bars for now would be necessary anyway. Really appreciate your help!
  10. V

Understood, thank you. Looks like I'll have to update my list. The more I think about it, the more appealing an actual performance set-up would be. As long as I stay away from race springs, the ride should still be comfortable. I probably shouldn't get any more rate than the H&R sport set.
  11. V

Oh, I missed that. Thanks for the tip. I've only been searching the forum for a couple days. If the B8 offers superior performance, I'd def consider it. I'll do a search for the Mazda3 parts. Seems like the H&R springs will give me a drop of about 1.5" If these parts make it too low I might...
  12. V

So Bilstein B4 gets your vote? My MX-5 is on a Bilstein/Racing Beat combo and its great. I thought about going sort-of budget with this project, but at the end of the list the costs have added up. I should probably get the Bilsteins for longevity as this will be my daily driver. Thanks for the...
  13. V

Hey everybody. Getting a 2013 silver 5 very soon. I'd like it to look and handle nicely. I'm going to put on a set of 17" wheels from a 2013 MX-5 club. Here is my shopping list for suspension parts so far based on what I've read here. I'm using specific part numbers. Bilstein B8 dampers 1x...