• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

Search results

1. Chocolate

Rental CX-5s showing up on Autotrader

Every single Carfax for the first 3 pages of Price: Low to High results (stopped counting after that) are Rental vehicles. Tons of Touring models.
  2. Chocolate

I wouldn't touch one either. I find it amusing the Carfax marks a rental CX-5 with 30,000 miles as a 1 owner vehicle. More like 100 owners. However, there are people that buy them, though they sit unsold for longer, and these CXs will clog up the listings on Autotrader in the near future and...
  3. Chocolate

I recently searched for 2019 CX-5s on Autotrader to check resale values. I noticed that if you sort by price low to high, there are a ton of newly listed rental cars. Take a look and see how many there are. There don't appear to be any turbo models (GT-R/Signature) with rental histories. Due to...
  4. Chocolate

CX-5 Off Road Question

I have this picture saved which shows how much it can fit.
  5. Chocolate

CX-5 Off Road Question

A few years back I got stuck in some deep snow in an unplowed road in my old 2004 Lexus ES 330. I swore I would never own a FWD vehicle or a sedan ever again. I also experienced traction loss in other snowy situations. The CX has more space than a sedan, better ground clearance, 4-wheel...
  6. Chocolate

CX-5 Off Road Question

I would say the AWD system is capable of light offroading.
  7. Chocolate

Does smartphone USB port also charge phone?

The USB ports and 12V cigarette lighter outlets are not active unless the ignition is partly or fully on, to preserve the vehicle battery.
  8. Chocolate

Help finding right price for CX-5

I've never bought new before until I got my CX-5. The CX holds it value well enough that I bought (leased) my 2019 CX-5, and if I was buying now I'd lease a 2020. The new/used price difference isn't that big compared to some of these 17-19s. A 2020 car starting with a full warranty and zero...
  9. Chocolate

Dealer Has 2019 Diesel Signature - Nobody Will Buy It

The diesel model carries about an extra 250 pounds over the other models and doesn't have a dual exhaust for the diesel emission equipment where the dual exhaust would normally go. The fuel economy numbers are not impressive and diesel costs more than regular gasoline. And for all this, it costs...
  10. Chocolate

Looking for some insights...

All the features you referenced are standard on any 2017+ CX-5 with the Activsense package or any 2020 trim level. You can tell the difference because the vehicle will have a flat radar front emblem instead of a 3d plastic chrome emblem. Personally, I think the feature is worth getting. It's not...
  11. Chocolate

Replace the inserts, not the entire wipers

Interesting. What year is your CX? I've never had any problems replacing just the insert on my previous vehicle (Lexus). I am still on the original wiper blades but will check the performance of the inserts when I replace them. No complaints on wiper performance so far.
  12. Chocolate

CX-5 Crash Tests and Copart Wrecks

Someone recently made a thread showing a Copart wreck and I thought it would be interesting to compile such wrecks, along with crash tests. I like to see how the vehicle performs in tests and the real world. Feel free to contribute videos or pics. 50mph rear impact test 2013 Mazda CX-5...
  13. Chocolate

Does smartphone USB port also charge phone?

The Carplay/AA USB input has a higher charge speed than the other USB port. Sounds like the problem is the generic cable. The Apple cables are overpriced, however I would prefer to use a Mfi certified cable in the vehicle where the cable will be in heavy use charging the phone and providing a...
  14. Chocolate

Replace the inserts, not the entire wipers

Definitely makes sense to replace the wiper insert instead of the wiper, it's the only part that wears and less than half the price of a wiper assembly.
  15. Chocolate

Off Topic Amazing quality on early Model Y builds

The interesting thing is if you search for Model 3s on Autotrader and sort by price, there are a ton of 1 and 2 year old Model 3s with branded/salvage titles per the Carfax reports. More than you'll find for any other car. I'd be concerned about wind noise with those misaligned panels. The...
  16. Chocolate

Off Topic Amazing quality on early Model Y builds

Close enough https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/model-y-spottings-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly.192009/ 70k for that.
  17. Chocolate

2022 CX-50?!

https://www.cochespias.net/GENERAL/topic/2022-mazda-cx-50/ If you look at the "source" for this article, it's just a forum post and render.