• Welcome to Mazdas247, the 24/7 Mazda Community and Resource. Learn about the benefits of becoming a Member here.
  • We're an Amazon Associate and eBay Partner. We earn from qualifying purchases.

Search results

1. R

Largest/best aftermarket radiator/fan/tranny cooler for maximum towing?

As I recall the parts mentioned come standard on the Grand Touring (I think) model. If you have a local pick-and-pull yard you may be able to find the parts there from a rear-ended vehicle. I expect that since they are just mostly mechanical parts they should be fairly easy to swap. However...
  2. R

Water sloshing\moving through dash when first starting the CX-9

Just FYI. Keep a very close eye on it if you are still under warranty. If you detect even the slightest hint of a drop in the level that's a problem. If you have a problem, even a minor one, get it on the record while it's still covered. Vehicles should not use any antifreeze in normal use...
  3. R

2016~2020 Engine coolant leak

Did you see this thread to see if there is any relationship to your situation? Seems like a very similar issue... https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/2016-gt-coolant-leak-rear-of-engine.123868682/
  4. R

2016~2020 Engine coolant leak

I have to say that the story that shop is selling sounds like complete nonsense. I would promptly get the vehicle out of there and to a reputable shop that will pinpoint the leak and give you a rational estimate of the needed repairs.
  5. R

2007~2015 Mazda CX-9 brake booster issue

There is a recall for the issue you are experiencing. I cannot recall the site but if you do a search there should be a Mazda site to check your VIN. I'm almost sure your year is covered and if the condition you have meets the criteria the dealership should take care of it for you. There is a...
  6. R

2007~2015 CX-9 won’t start

Do you have the ability to read the codes for the vehicle? It will help determine the issue much easier than taking guesses.
  7. R

2016~2020 Just bought a used 2016 Mazda CX-9 AWD and I have this cable hanging under the rear axle. Anyone know what it could be? (SOLVED: auto-leveling sensor)

You would think so. However, given that the wiring is still attached and the internals of that part look OK it could be giving a false signal to the controller? I don't know if that depends on a 'tone ring' or magnet inside the diff to work. Anyway, if the dealer checks it out under warranty...
  8. R

2016~2020 Just bought a used 2016 Mazda CX-9 AWD and I have this cable hanging under the rear axle. Anyone know what it could be? (SOLVED: auto-leveling sensor)

Based on the look of the internals it looks like an inductor pickup of some sort. I strongly suspect that it's part of the controller for the AWD system that sits on the rear differential. I have an older model and have seen some write-ups on a similar part that resides in that general area.
  9. R

Whatever that is it is broken off it's original location. There is still the harness connector attached to it and it clearly has signs of being broken. It's hard to tell from the image but it appears to be in the area of the rear differential. Do you have warning lights on the dash related to...
  10. R

Oil change at 500 miles necessary?

If it's free then why not. Personally I think it's way too early for an initial change, 3,000 to 5,000 miles would be more appropriate in my opinion. This may be the dealerships way of getting you in the habit of bringing the car to the for maintenance.
  11. R

Spongy brakes 2010 CX9 GT

Two things come to mind and forgive me if you have already been over these items. First, has the entire system been bled properly, preferably with a pressure bleeder. Second, have you inspected the brake lines, particularly the rubber lines at the wheels. If those parts get weak they can...
  12. R

weird stain on hood

If you suspect that it's a mineral stain and not something 'on' the paint you could try to soak a paper towel in white vinegar and lay it over the stains. Soak it occasionally and let it sit there for 30 minutes or better. If it is a mineral stain this should dissolve it.
  13. R

Anybody have this issue?

Does the vehicle store any codes? That's the first step in determining what may be going on. The dealership should be able to check for more codes that may be available from a generic scan tool. I would certainly bring it in and open a record of the complaint and get it 'on the record'.
  14. R

Another brake booster question

I have done both the vacuum method and the pressure bleeder. I found that either worked just fine as long as the feed of fresh fluid to the master was consistent. The vacuum system that I used came with a large bottle with a tapered fixed spout that you filled with fluid and placed upside down...
  15. R

2010 Mazda CX-9 Brake Booster Failure

I can only imagine what a nightmare that job is. Things are in there pretty deep. If it helps I think you are taking the right path then by removing everything as a unit. I went back and looked at the warranty work order when I had mine done under the service campaign and the brakes were bled...
  16. R

Perhaps you have tried already but for what it's worth.... Check inside the vehicle at the brake pedal and see if the push rod there can be disconnected and removed along with the master cylinder. There has to be a mechanical connection someplace between the two.
  17. R

I had mine done under the 'recall' on my 2012. Only the booster was change as I recall.
  18. R

Problems removing brake booster... help please.

I have not done the job and I'm only commenting based on past experience. There has to be some kind of connection to the push-rod to deal with as well. I don't know how this is done in the CX-9 but I suspect that there is another connection related to this that is causing the issue. I'm...