Search results

1. C

Poll: Who has a CX-5 and a Miata?

I have a 2008 MX5 and a 2014 3. Driving to work, to the gym, and back to home is never boring, as I alternate cars as often as possible. Exceptions are on rainy days - the MX5 has a Cold Air Intake that is positioned behind the front grill.
  2. C

Burned Transmission Fluid 2018 CX-5 AWD

Did they not at least replace the fluid? I believe that it is highly unlikely that no wear/damage occurred. It'd be good if you could find out the function of the switch. Is it simply an alarm that is output when fluid pressure is low or high? If so, the fluid should not be burnt/overheated...
  3. C

Stupid question

If you do not get a response, you could call the parts person at a dealership to see if the part/assembly numbers are the same.
  4. C

Taillight LED Upgrade Problem

I use something like this...
  5. C

Car and Driver 10 Best 2020

Yes, that's what I used - Turo.
  6. C

2005 Mazda 3 Wont shift into 1st gear, reverse is stubborn

It looks like a mechanical issue. One day, many years ago, my RX3 transmission became unlinked. I went underneath and found that a bolt was missing so I temporarily tied the shifter and transmission linkages together until I could get a new bolt.
  7. C

AT Light flashes once.

How old is your battery? Sometimes a bad cell or close-to-end-of-life battery will cause electronic glitches.
  8. C

AT Light flashes once.

How many miles are on your odometer?
  9. C

How much power/performance will these mods do to my cx5 gt?

All of my car's generation had turbos from the factory, as did the Ford Probe equivalent. This looks almost exactly like the one I had.
  10. C

Pirelli P Zero tires and suspension update/comparison to McLaren 570S Syder

Tires: Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus Category: Ultra-High-Performance All-Season Tires Size: 225/45/18 Speed rating: Y Cost: $162.50 each Projected mileage as per Consumer Reports: 50,000 miles Miles since new: 1000+ Rating summary: These tires are far better than any other tires (even...
  11. C

Mazda 3, MX5 among 10 best cars in the world

The latest Car & Driver magazine, for the 3rd year in a row proclaimed Mazda as the only manufacturer in the world to make two different models of cars that made C&D's top 10 list for at least 2 years in a row. And while the list is limited to cars, only, it should be noted that virtually every...
  12. C

Car & Driver magazine's long-term test of 2015 Mazda 3

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-mazda-3-25l-manual-hatchback-long-term-test-update-review Notable quotes: The calm, smooth quiet of the powertrain at freeway speeds is in the same league as a luxury car. This car is so calm-so relaxing and enjoyable to drive without much effort-it's...
  13. C

Mazda3 pummels Civic, Elantra, Sentra, and Cruze in Car&Driver comparison

Source: Car & Driver magazine's July 2016 issue Despite having a 3 year-old design, the Mazda3 I Grand Touring defeated 4 newly-designed sedans in grueling test of handling, sped, braking, and ride comparison. CD wrote, Final results: 1 Mazda3 2 Honda Civic 3 Chevy Cruze 4 Hyundai Elantra...
  14. C

2002 ES Air hose split - Don't let this happen to you.

I was changing the air filter in my daughter's ES and while holding the airbox lid, suddenly felt a release of lid pressure with my left hand as I was installing the filter. My advice: If your air hose that connects the air box to the intake is the original one, REPLACE IT, ASAP! Until you do...
  15. C

Koni adjustables now available for 2014-2015 Mazda 3s

I have these in my MX5 and not only are they excellent shocks, but they lowered the MX5 by another 1/2-inch (beyond the drop from the Progress springs). I'm not sure if the same drop would happen in a Mazda 3 but I can see myself getting these Konis some day. Lighter wheels are presently at the...
  16. C

Wrench light, 2014 Mazda 3

Has anyone gotten that wrench symbol (maintenance required) light to go out? I have reset the oil change interval using the screen menus but that doesn't turn off the wrench light on the dash. The owners manual mentions pressing and holding the trip button while turning on the ignition, but...
  17. C

2 hours to change the oil.....

Okay, it was the first oil change, so keep that in mind. Here are some of the highlights: 1. When you're rolling with Eibach springs, forget about using your Rhino ramps. I then broke out my custom low profile wooden ramps, just to get the car up high enough to use a floor jack. But wait...
  18. C

Permanent oil filter?

Has anyone seen this? http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=SS-1008 If you change your disposable filter every 6 months at $15 each, it would take you 8 years to start saving money. You still have to clean the filter whenever you change the oil, so I'm not sure if it'd be worth...
  19. C

ScanGauge II installed

I don't know about you guys, but I really need to have information like coolant temperature, voltage, intake air temperature, and ignition timing or air/fuel ratio displayed. Ideally, that would include oil temperature and pressure. The ScanGauge II can display not only 4 of 16 different...
  20. C

Does owner's manual contain oil capacity (2014 Mazda3)?

I can't seem to find it, although I looked only in the main booklet. Still, it should be there. I'd guess it's about 4 quarts for the 2.5L engine.