Search results

1. Avoidin Deer

How low do you go

Interesting. I've never done this with a vehicle, mainly because I like keeping my anxiety level low. And that was while living in the DC area, where the nearest station was always only a few blocks away and always open.. Someone on here once mentioned they habitually get that low so as to...
  2. Avoidin Deer

2019 CX-5 Diesel

As I've said before, when in-service quantities are so low, availability of parts and experienced mechanics are tough hurdles to overcome. This is a single year/low production run vehicle. No, thanks.
  3. Avoidin Deer

2019 CX-5 Diesel

I searched on "diesel dave coleman" and found a MotorTrend article on the CX-5 diesel where he was quoted discussing EPA figures in general, but nothing about this vehicle in particular. It was just a one-line reference. Here's a more in-depth 2013 article/interview with Dave about the...
  4. Avoidin Deer

2019 CX-5 Diesel

What I find interesting is that Mazda and Toyota are now in bed with each other, with an eye to Mazda using Toyota's EV technology. The diesel is such a boneheaded move at this time.
  5. Avoidin Deer

2019 CX-5 Diesel

That's not good advertising for the brand.
  6. Avoidin Deer

GT-R 2019 - Can't drive with only parking lights on?

I'm so jealous. Must be humbling to be of that lineage. It's as old as Man.
  7. Avoidin Deer

How low do you go

I got low enough once to take 13 gallons and did not get a Low Fuel warning. I thought I was on fumes.
  8. Avoidin Deer

I only tease because I've always been into astronomy. I'm in the sticks and have a southern-facing deck onto an open field. I've gotten up at 3AM to watch Orionid meteor showers or to view Mars. I had my Dusk-to-Dawn streetlight turned off so as to get more darkness...sacrificing the pleasure...
  9. Avoidin Deer

How low do you go

I've run 3 tanks of 87 octane through it early on. The remaining 21 tanks have all been 93 octane. My to-date average (7,200 miles) is 24.1 mpg. My best tank was 25.5 last November (bought the car in March). I've made a few 80 to 100 mile round trips on a rural route that's a steady 55MPH...
  10. Avoidin Deer

Doing that as an actual employee of the observatory is a transgression that shall never be forgiven.
  11. Avoidin Deer

How low do you go

I've kept track of my mileage (calculated and per computer) for every tank of gas since I purchased my car. My computer has always been--on average--0.5MPG lower than my calcs. So I keep track of my actual mileage over time by using the computer's figures and adding that 0.5MPG to it. This...
  12. Avoidin Deer

General consensus on the white color for the CX5

So....is 2020 the first year of a new decade, or is it the last year of the current one? I'm still depressed from watching country after country celebrate the New Millennia at 12:01 AM Jan 1, 2000. Et tu, Great Britain? *sigh*
  13. Avoidin Deer

Buy it or should I run away? 2016 Mazda CX-5 Sport AWD 2.5L 142k miles, List price 8k.

Just for grins, I went on Carmax and searched nationwide for anything at $8k or under. They have (3) Hondas, (16) Toyotas and (12) Mazdas ranging from 82,000 miles to 130,000 miles. Here's the list. By the way, where's the OP? Maybe he already bought the CX-5.
  14. Avoidin Deer

I'm looking for roof rails only

I went back through the posts to refresh my memory and saw one that you and I both commented in. The guy had a 2013 CX-5 and wanted to put current version rails on it, but could not. I thought 2019 was a transition year. Sorry for muddying the waters. Tough to cancel an order when it's in...
  15. Avoidin Deer

Issues with new site?

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know that this platform has that feature, just for my own edification. Regarding generating more traffic, the one obvious thing you're likely always doing is finding related websites to have MAZDAS247 links posted on. I'm sure they have lots of folks...
  16. Avoidin Deer

Where is the thread on the new forum format?

No, I thought this happened on relatively short new posts where I made an error and wanted to correct it...I thought. The main thing I can think of is related to a behaviour when I draft a comment and do not submit it. The draft is always there when I come back to that thread, even after I...
  17. Avoidin Deer

How low do you go

I thought is was gonna be a poll on our morals.
  18. Avoidin Deer

Dodge Durango R/T

Bose has always been overrated. But they have great marketing. That being said, I'm not that disappointed with my CX-5's sound system. I wish it had an equalizer in it. Those can fix a multitude of sins...and the mid range really needs a boost.
  19. Avoidin Deer

2013~2016 new battery, car wont start

That's a good idea, but would suck if the dealer had not tested the charging system when recommending a battery replacement. I'm not saying that such things don't happen. I'm just saying it would suck.
  20. Avoidin Deer

I'm looking for roof rails only

I also thought that the rails for 2019 changed from prior MYs...that they have a different mounting system. That first link is for 2017-2018 rails.