• Welcome to Mazdas247. Membership is free and offers many benefits, please Click Here to learn more, thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Search results

1. P

Protege5 Leak (tranny fluid) Which seal?

Don't try and guess what it might be. When you're driving, wind blows fluids and stuff all over the place so who knows where it's REALLY coming from if it's everywhere. You need to pinpoint exactly what is leaking before going and spending a bunch of time replacing seals one at a time until you...
  2. P

Oil drain plug flew out on highway

I was going to say that looks like they put a JDM engine in there. That sticker is something they install during timing belt replacement, and should say the date and mileage it was replaced. Since it's all Japanese labeling and KM on the label, I'd say that motor didn't come from the states :)...
  3. P

3rd gear popping out (yes, another one of these threads : T)

Mine did the same thing, it was motor mounts, particularly the one on the passenger fender. When I replaced it, the motor was "tweaked" just enough that it was throwing the shift linkage out of alignment just enough to pop out of gear. made it hard as hell to get into reverse as well. I...
  4. P

Sorry to hear all that. LKQ sells good quality parts. Not saying that they're 100% tested and approved before hand (because they probably aren't) but... with LKQ at least you're dealing with a reputable nation-wide company that stands behind their parts. And they do offer a warranty (think...
  5. P

I broke this help!

I'd call the place you got the transmission from and see if they have another you could swap out. That's gonna be a considerable amount of work to change out that piece, not just a bolt-on type deal. If they won't help you, then you "could" cut the one off your transmission and weld it on, but...
  6. P

Protege5 Instrument Cluster Malfunctioning (only in cold weather)

I've seen bad grounds cause similar issues.
  7. P

Water Leak In Rear Cargo Area

OR, just use a straight pick, ice pick, punch, or even a philips screwdriver. Pop a couple holes in the bottom of the spare tire well, and each corner for the water to drain out of. Problem solved. Really no different than the inside of a door frame, water drips down the window, inside the...
  8. P

How many miles does your P5 have?

I did have a slight issue with coolant once. Kept disappearing, no leaks no idea where it went. I just assumed it was evaporating out of the reservoir because it was busted open lol. Then I looked and saw the inside portion of the radiator cap (that attaches to the spring and seals the hole)...
  9. P

How many miles does your P5 have?

I had a little over 270k miles on mine when I sold it, still running strong as ever. Didn't burn or leak any oil, I changed the oil every ~5k with walmart supertech full synthetic.
  10. P

Fitment issues with 2017 MZ3 16" OEM Wheels

This is what I was going to suggest as well. There may be rings on the hubs to help the aftermarket wheels "center" on the hubs, because the bore is larger. Those rings may be covered/hidden in rust so they look like they are part of the hub now. If they're there, you should be able to just...
  11. P

I think you'll be perfectly fine with that. :) As for the friend of yours, I don't know where he's shopping for an engine but that's definitely not the norm. most used engines come from salvage yards. reputable salvage yards will tag the engine with the VIN, mileage, and stock number of...
  12. P

Agreed with i12. I'd push for the jasper engine if you can. They build good motors, I've used several with no issues. Long block is a full motor. Just without the bolt on accessories like intake manifold, alternstor, etc.
  13. P

Also, unless you dont know how to drive a stick, your clutch should be fine. I had my original clutch still when I sold my car, 270k+ miles, and it was perfectly fine. Never slipped or had an issue.
  14. P

Whoa.... Big RED FLAG. I'd tell them to stop what they're doing. You dont want anything to do with that engine. If they're saying cams are toast then that motor is never gonna be right again. Especially if it's a quick lube place doing the work and not a machine shop or engine builder...
  15. P

agreed. lube place needs to pony up. It's not the tow truck driver's responsibility. If the oil change place had not left the drain plug loose, the tow truck never would have been a factor, regardless of what he may or may not have done. The ONLY way I would agree to someone rebuilding the...
  16. P

Engine mounts

All of my rubber mounts came apart all by themselves. It took no effort at all on my part lol
  17. P

Jack Stand Location - Where Are The Side Sills

I've always used the pinch welds. Where the little "divots" are in the front and rear ends of the pinch weld. Never had a problem. Most manufacturers specify those as the jacking points, hence the divots.
  18. P

Replacing battery "ahead of time"?

I've never heard of such a thing. That's just silly. The only time voltage would be low is for about a half a second during the biggest part of the dip while cranking the engine. And voltage is going to be low even with a brand new battery. Once the car is running, the alternator takes...
  19. P

Daughters P5 bite the dust?

Shes done. Needs a new motor or a rebuild. That's rod knock, no bueno. If you added 2 qts oil then i was run too low... way too low. If it was that low on oil and didnt leak, chances are it was due for a rebuild anyway.
  20. P

Help me find a fuse that's always live.

(iagree) You need to see what kind of current your camera draws. most dash cams will pull about 500mA, give or take. That's enough to kill a battery overnight, especially if your battery is a few years old and not in tip top shape to begin with. They're not really meant to be on all the...