• Welcome to Mazdas247. Membership is free and offers many benefits, please Click Here to learn more, thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Search results

1. U

91 vs. 93 octane and GT-R/Sg trim CX5's

I have noted no difference between the two in acceleration. I filmed 0-80 and 0-60 runs, and then watched/edited videos paying attention to the time. These videos were not shot on the same stretch of road, but in both cases I did my best to make sure the pavement was level more or less, and if I...
  2. U

My dealership made an "oops"

I scheduled an oil change for this afternoon, and made my appointment right on time. My CX5 was taken back in a timely fashion and about 45 minutes later, I was told by the manager that they had drained out all of my oil only to discover that...surprise! They have no oil filters in stock for my...
  3. U

302hp RAV4

2021 RAV4 will offer a 302hp version capable of 5.8 to 60, per Toyota. Plug in Hybrid. Tiguan R is alleged to be around 300hp for 2021. What's up ZoomZoom? You got somethin for us?
  4. U

Winter is here...and my cx5 turbo is now a 2.0!

Similar performance to the 2.0. Woot. Yay for cold.
  5. U

Bad Fuel

I was going to title it something else, but I remember being 12. I also remember being a day younger, yesterday. I've matured! Anyway, for the last 2 tanks, I've averaged barely 26mpg with my CX5 Turbo. I got fuel again tonight, and BOOM! I am back up to averaging 29-30mpg again. Same station...
  6. U

Folding Mirror Issue

I'm having issues now with the passenger folding mirror. The motor seems like it's worn out. Loud, weak sounding. Doesn't fold out all the way sometimes. The driver's side did this a couple thousand miles ago. Looks like I will be $1500 into warranty work on this vehicle next oil change...
  7. U

20,000 miles in a CX5 GT-R...

To start off, the title is a bit of hyperbole. I have 19,4XX miles on my GT-R, currently. I'd like to begin the description of my time in the car with a short emotional take on it: It's been fun, reliable, surprisingly refined, and a pleasure to drive! Now the nitty gritty... ...I bought...
  8. U

Finally bought new tires

Im at almost 17K miles, and my Toyo A36s had 5/32 and 6/32 (F and R), respectively, last time they were rotated (every 5K miles). They feel unsafe in the rain at present. I finally sacked up and took advantage of the $70 rebate Continental has, and bought some LX25's. I had REALLY good...
  9. U

Mirror folding failure

My mirror fails to fully fold sometimes. Driver side. It seems like it will likely be a relearn procedure (I'll check manual), or a dealer repair. I only have @17k miles and it's a 2019. Please tell me again how my $2400 150k mile, 10 year warranty (bumper to bumper) wont be paying off...
  10. U

Max mpg?

I'm going to give it a go. I've previously just had fun in this thing and do have a bit of a lead foot at times, but I'm going to try to drive like a calm and well-zenned humanbeing, and see what turns up. Here's the first 26 miles of that journey, which will be its own destination, as it...
  11. U

CX5 Bose sound system settings?

Specifically, GTR and Sg, or whatever else has the same setup. What are your settings? Picture would be best. I am not an audiophile, and my hearing has significant notches in the 6-6500Hz range, but I still appreciate that my Bose in my GT-R is not up to my expectations or the Harmon Kardon in...
  12. U

Well...that was lame.

I know, I bitched and moaned about Android Auto not being offered until now, but really, it was just because it was a feature Mazdas didnt have. Now that its here, I didnt care. Finally installed it after 6800 miles. Wow. Are you serious? Total waste of my time. Instead of pushing the talk...
  13. U

If the CX5-D wasn't already a flop...

https://www.staroilco.net/diesel-prices-and-maritime-fuel-sulfur-changes/?fbclid=IwAR0H7_2KsNCzom0mLga0wxqYB6BultwXdH4blBE2bLTq3IA2jaZmZXN2iXI
  14. U

RAV4 Hybrid Hits US Soil for Purchase

Monty, I have PM'ed you my mailing address. Thanks...
  15. U

AWD compared

Pretty disappointing, really. Mazda was definitely the worst. XDrive seems like its rockin' it! Even the 2018 RAV 4 tore the CX5 up like a wet dinner roll.
  16. U

Sad songs from the B-side

Or, B Pillar, more accurately. Piano black was a bad choice, floating roofline style or not. I corrected my factiry sworled B and C pillars by haveing PPF applied. My installer polishes every surface he wraps. My swirled pillars now look like the soulless glossy black eyes of a feral pig, and I...
  17. U

Toyo A36

That's what's on my CX5, and so far, they seem really good? I thought the Toyo A26's really sucked, are the A36's truly g2g? You can get them for $135/tire roughly in 225/55/19!
  18. U

I dumped my CX5 finally.

...for another CX5. I know, I know, most of you didn't see that one coming, but let me explain... As many of you are aware, my last CX5 stayed stock, right up until the very end when it got some Nightbreaker headlights. Why? Because I didn't care about it other than to maintain it, honestly...
  19. U

CX5 and CX9 powertrain

I found this interesting. N/A model CX5, 2019 1st 3.552 2nd 2.022 3rd 1.452 4th 1.000 5th 0.708 6th 0.599 Reverse 3.893 Final Drive 4.325 (FWD) / 4.624 (AWD) Tire diameter 28.5" rpm at 70, based on this data: 2286 SIG/GTR CX5: GEAR RATIOS (:1) Automatic transmission 1st 3.487 2nd...
  20. U

CEL and power loss

Ill get it scanned in the AM, but... 10 minutes after getting gas, CEL came on solid. I pulled over, stopped, shut off ignition, and retightened the cap. I then got in, cranked the vehicle, and it "stumbled" to life. The idle was steady and normal after. The CEL remained on and solid. I pulled...