• Welcome to Mazdas247. Membership is free and offers many benefits, please Click Here to learn more, thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Search results

1. L

KL Swappin' Protege5

Damn, that sounds good! How does the extra weight up front affect handling? looks like it pulls much harder than the old FS engine Love the all-black nardi wheel too!
  2. L

KL Swappin' Protege5

Yaaasss, always wanted to see what was required for one of these swaps Good work so far, keep us up to date!
  3. L

Front suspension work - What to replace?

No worries! The steering rack is rubber mounted and it probably isn't those causing the clunking but it won't hurt to check, if you go for quick struts they'll come with strut tophats, if not, they look like this: ( the parts on the left are OEM, the parts on the right are parts that weren't...
  4. L

Front suspension work - What to replace?

Oh boy, suspension mods are where this car starts to shine! add a few little mods and see just how much fun these cars are to throw around a back road. Definitely replace the tie rod ends, lower control arms and the strut tophats (if not the entire strut) That'll tighten everything up and...
  5. L

Slow NA Pro5 build

Yellow looks good! Wish Mazda colour coded those parts from factory, Good work on keeping busy lol, there's plenty to do!
  6. L

Boring Daily Build

Interior deep cleaning is so satisfying! Gotta pop the whole centre console out from memory, there's a couple of screws down each side and it takes a bit of wiggling to get it out From memory there's 2 hidden screws that hold the silver bits in, the trim around the shifter is a clip-in piece...
  7. L

LankyKiwi's Rally-flavored SP20

Welp, the entire country is in lockdown, minimum of 4 weeks at home, no travel except for essential needs. See you in a month!
  8. L

Slow NA Pro5 build

Yep, first point to check would be the ground, got a multimeter? Then you can test continuity between the chassis ground and the amp. After that, is the amp fused? Is the fuse good?
  9. L

Name of this part??

That's part of the fuel evap system. Not sure of the exact name of this part sorry!
  10. L

Mazdas247 / team pro5 stickers

Woohoo another Coheed fan! There's another keywork on the car and a big windscreen banner in sparkly vinyl that a few people have commented on so far
  11. L

Haha, it's somewhere between a horny cat and a wood plane in terms of sound. Hopefully it'll be less wild with everything plumbed in! Aiming for this This weekend's progress: (no pics sorry) Semi-regular Pick-A-Part pilgrimage to get some parts for the new daily (a starter, and drivers door...
  12. L

PCB's Unbuild Thread

Man I'm getting flashbacks to fixing my Triumph lol that thing rusted for fun and it still wasn't as bad as yours!
  13. L

Thanks! Yep, video will be taken! This one was before I pulled the motor, SC isn't plumbed in so its way louder than it will be once finished Yep, BC gold coilovers hiding in there, Endlinks are from whiteline and are really well made (just a bit long lol)
  14. L

PCB's Unbuild Thread

Ewwwwwww nasty :( How's the door on the parts car? Might be a whole lot easier to swap the whole thing lol I swear by POR15 for rust prevention, super tough and easy to apply, can be pricey though and it's a pain to clean up.
  15. L

Weekend progress report; Driveshafts back in, hubs cleaned up and wheelarches scrubbed of all that dirt Coilovers in, swaybar links ended up being a tad too long and were hitting on the control arms so I had to cut 15mm off the length New stainless brake lines in, calipers in, looking gooooood...
  16. L

PCB's Unbuild Thread

Yeeeeap, bodywork sucks! Perfect paint is basically a myth for proteges lol Punch all the rust out, stuff the door full of newspaper and bondo over it :D
  17. L

Mazdas247 / team pro5 stickers

A bit of patience and some scrap vinyl gave me this: Believe it or not the 'Mazdas' and '.com' are the same metallic silver colour shifts a bit in this light. Didn't quite manage the tag line at the bottom, my hands aren't that steady! I'll probably cut another one for the car itself once its...
  18. L

Yep, 3600 is about mid range for a Sport20 here, really good ones still go for around 4k and there's an '03 AWD manual in mint condition for sale at 6k, waaaay out of my budget range lol. I did however manage to find another blue sport20 and picked it up yesterday! I'm getting deja vu looking...
  19. L

Which tire fits best!

Gidday! Good score on the wheels, 3 wheels look great on P5s. If you're running standard shocks and high offset wheels (+45 -> +55) then you'll need lower profile tires. I ran 215/40/R17 on +55 mazda6 wheels with just enough clearance on the rear struts. A 215/45 tire would probably have hit...
  20. L

Mazda Protege5 Bigger Brake upgrade

You could flip them over and make an extension for the bleed nipple to get it up above the caliper, it'd be a bunch of effort but it should work. I think I tried swapping the calipers side-to-side and the p brake cable ended up at a weird angle (It's got to come over the top super close to the...