• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Search results

1. M

Project: "Last RX-7" by Herblenny

God I love RX-3's! Right now that's just about the only thing that I'd sell/trade my SA for.
  2. M

Thanks for the review. Hopefully their FC products are on par, quality-wise, with their FD products. I'm seriously considering their fixed headlight setup once I get the FC running. Everything on that car is geared toward simplicity and lightness.
  3. M

What are your thoughts on the product quality from EVO-R? I've been eyeballing their FC3S headlight kit for a while but I haven't found any images of it installed anywhere and searches always seem to turn out information about questionable fitment and quality.
  4. M

magnumP5's SA Log Thread

I purchased this clean 1979 RX-7 GS from a gentleman in Nebraska and had it shipped to me in Virginia earlier this month. I finally got it running correctly and cleaned up so it's time to start a thread. According to the VIN this is S/N 2944 and it was built in March 1978. It currently has...
  5. M

Post The BEST Pictures OF YOUR MAZDA

My new (old) acquisition.
  6. M

The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

Wrenching rule of thumb: however long you expect a job to take, double it. I spent 3 hours doing a transmission fluid drain and refill and PTU and rear differential oil changes on the Flex last weekend. It would've taken much less time had Ford actually designed drain plugs in their PTU and rear...
  7. M

Headed back to Cinci for a couple days this week. Interestingly enough my rental is a 2016 Mazda3 Touring.
  8. M

Why not just bump up the methanol injection and use it for knock protection as well? You shouldn't need knock protection while cruising. A lot of the big turbo (and I mean BIG TURBO) RX7 guys with 500+ whp run some combination of water and methanol injection tied to boost pressure and/or engine...
  9. M

A lot of people who run methanol injection use windshield wiper cleaner since it contains methanol. The important part is to get stuff that doesn't have a lot of other added chemicals. Alternatively you could just inject water. It serves the same purpose, just less cooling ability than ethanol...
  10. M

I just don't like E85. It makes sense in super/turbocharged racing applicatios, but even then if you're looking for maximum power why not just go with straight methanol? Neither makes sense in street cars. Both have incredibly low energy density relative to gasoline so you're just wasting fuel...
  11. M

Gas is always too cheap to bother with E85.
  12. M

I've always noticed better fuel economy but lower power with the lower octane stuff. I'm not a chemist or a chemical engineer but I always thought the higher octane stuff was just for knock resistance. I thought I read somewhere the high octane stuff actually has a slightly lower energy density...
  13. M

My rental had the 2.0L. Definitely slower than the 3.5 Ecoboost in the Flex but more than adequate to move the Transit. It definitely drives more like a car than the Flex as well but the Flex certainly doesn't drive like a SUV to me either. I only played with the rear seats since I had car seats...
  14. M

I'm not sure what version I got. I'm guessing the short wheel base since it only sat 6. The overall ergonomics just felt weird to me. You're driving this tall vehicle but it feels like you're sitting on the road. Headroom for days. Weird engine options for sure though. I think it hit 87...
  15. M

Truth. I had a Transit for a rental one (oddly enough while the Flex was in for maintenance). I wasn't a fan, but maybe the higher-end models are nicer. They definitely allow you to utilize the interior volume more than the Flex but I think usable volume is about the same. The Flex is a lot...
  16. M

Nice, ain't it? Do you know if it was filled with 87 or 93 octane? It makes a big difference in the eco-boost motors as I'm sure you know. My only grip is the transmission sometimes. It's great when you're just tooling around town but the shifts are a little mushy during harder acceleration. I...
  17. M

Everybody is complaining about weight. They fail to remember the PRHT added <100 lbs in the NC so why do they think it'll be any different this time? Sure the entire contraption might weight nearly 200 lbs but you then have to subtract the weight associated with the soft top so the net increase...
  18. M

The VA Off Topic Thread

I'm back in VA after 7.5 years in OH. I don't know anyone anymore. DD is a stock Ecoboost Flex though I'm about 5 years into a RX-7 build.
  19. M

thejeans 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Silly question, but is it possible the mount is backward?