• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Search results

1. C

Poll: Who has a CX-5 and a Miata?

While I understand the thinking behind the header titles for each section on this site, I think if you put Miata in the header for that section it might just grab people's attention more.
  2. C

Poll: Who has a CX-5 and a Miata?

Here's my take on things. I'm a member of several different general Mazda forums as well as Miata specific ones. What has been said about Miata.net is true. There are some gems of information there, but there is also a lot of misinformation propagated (a lot seems to be from more recent...
  3. C

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

No. Can't remember for sure without looking it up but think it's a Corksport (it's been four years since install). The other day I noticed some discoloration at the bottom of the rear license plate. Pulled that off today, good thing as the screws were very tight due to corrosion (despite my...
  4. C

What have you done to your Miata today?

Got a drive in today on one of my favorite local roads. First since upgrading the Sport brakes, love the stopping power. Then I finally installed the LED footwell lights I've had sitting around. Almost done, didn't connect the power wire yet as I didn't want to wrestle around under the dash...
  5. C

Replaced both rear sway bar end links. These were longer pieces (from an '03 Protege5) I put in to take care of the bigger rear sway moving around when I jacked it up. The old ones were corroded and the nuts kept loosening up. I got the right one off without much trouble (it was very loose), the...
  6. C

Need some info

Glad I could help. There is a ton of information on the web about Miatas, I just covered the tip of the iceberg. Most folks in the community are helpful and more than ready to share their knowledge.
  7. C

Put her up in the air and bled the brakes using my Motive bleeder. It's been more than a month since I changed over to Sport brakes and I wanted to be sure there weren't any lingering air bubbles.
  8. C

Need some info

First thing to know is there was no 1998 model in the US. Second gen is also called NB and covered 1999 to 2005. NB1 is the '99-00 and NB2 the '01-05. There are differences all around. NB1 engines had some issues with thrust bearing failure, consensus is that it would have happened by now. NB2...
  9. C

Thanks Mark! I've been thinking about my lack of an amp reading when I was checking the car to figure out why my battery was dead, finally got around to checking my meter tonight and sure enough one fuse was blown. Of course with no Radio Shack any more finding a replacement locally is damn...
  10. C

I've been getting mirrors and parts for my marker project. After waiting on resellers I finally heard back from one. Then, I also got a message from someone who had swapped out their mirrors offering his old ones (much cheaper). Only thing was there was no glass. After some research I determined...
  11. C

Got a few updates on the mirrors but will get to those tomorrow. Today I finally got around to swapping the clock spring with one I bought from SNS at MATG. I am happy to report that has solved my flashing airbag light problem. Now to see how long it lasts...
  12. C

My latest eBay purchase showed up yesterday: I sat on the fence undecided about this for a while but went ahead and pulled the trigger. More visibility is good, right? I've been trying to obtain a set of mirrors to paint and use for these (you have to drill a hole in the mirror housing to...
  13. C

Finally stopped sitting on the fence and bought a Battery Tender, that showed up today. Since my wife very rarely drives it since she has her own 'vert now, I needed to do something so I don't have to get a new battery every year.
  14. C

Gave another grandkid (son) a Miata introduction today. Short jaunt to the store but he loved it (he's three).
  15. C

More power is always better!
  16. C

Oil/filter change, tire rotation. Tightened the passenger rear sway bar bushing as it had loosened again. Also saw that the end link was touching the control arm, need to look at that and see if the link itself is damaged or something else causing it. When the weather gets consistently warmer...
  17. C

Finally had weather nice enough to go to C&C (although it was a little too cold to have the top down. I'm an enthusiast, not a masochist). First time running her on the highway after my last round of work. It is quieter inside the cabin, although I feel there is still a little too much...
  18. C

Had her out and bedded the pads again but it didn't really change how they bite. The battery was basically dead as I mentioned before, charged it several times and would be dead within two days. Searched everywhere but couldn't find the receipt for the damn thing. Thanks to my work log I knew...
  19. C

Spent a big part of the day in the garage, mostly on my back underneath. While I was off doing training I ordered a set of urethane bushings for the steering rack. First order of business was to install those. Well, to try and install them. The passenger side goes on without trouble, but the two...
  20. C

Went out this morning to bed in the new pads. That turned out to be interesting as the pedal was very soft. Had to pump it a couple of times to get it to stiffen up, then the next time I went to brake it was the same. Apparently bleeding was not complete, first time I have had that problem. I...