Search results

1. shadonoz

For those eagerly awaiting Gen 3

Don't Expect A New Mazda Model In The Next 2 Years from motor1.com Mazda Won’t Launch Any New Models Until 2023 When It Gets Next-Gen Platform from carscoops.com With no launches in next 2 years, Mazda rides rough road from Nikkei And from that last article: Skyactiv-X has yet to deliver on...
  2. shadonoz

The clear winner

2020 Toyota RAV4 vs Honda CR-V vs Mazda CX-5 // Crossover Fight Throttle House
  3. shadonoz

Lease Ending for My 2017 CX5 GT

My dealer called over the weekend and left a voicemail saying that he had several buyers looking for a 17GT, and wouldn't I like to talk to them about a trade. Could be BS, but sounds right. Needless to say, I didn't.
  4. shadonoz

Computer records

Protect yourself. Get a dash cam.
  5. shadonoz

Wiper Blades

Think we got it bad? Check out Subaru: With The Wrong Wiper Blades Or Tires New Subaru Outback EyeSight Could Fail
  6. shadonoz

2017~2020 Intermittent wipers revisited

For those of you who, like me, turned off the intermittent wipers because they sucked... try them again. I turned mine back on a few weeks ago just to see how they were doing, and they now work quite well. Tested over several rainy drives. No idea what has changed except the passage of time...
  7. shadonoz

New CX5 Owner - Questions

It has been reported here [once] that the car will resume automatically if the stop is less than 5 [or 3?] seconds. It requires throttle input or a push on the resume button if the duration is longer than that. See if that corresponds to your experience and please report back.
  8. shadonoz

SkyActiv-X may not reach US shores

Based upon previous performance, there is no hope guessing what Mazda will do in the future. "We'll see."
  9. shadonoz

Possible Maintence Schedule Changes

Should depend somewhat on whether you live in a dry or damp climate. I went 8 years on one car without changing the fluid with no ill effects.
  10. shadonoz

GT-R 2019 - Can't drive with only parking lights on?

Right. Looks far better than the headlight DRLs. You can run parking lights daytime and switch to AUTO at night. If you set the auto lights shutdown to 30 sec (default?) and disable the "lights on alarm" (both in settings), you can leave stalk with the parking lights on when you turn the car...
  11. shadonoz

Does anyone know if the headlights swivel when they are functioning only as DRLs?
  12. shadonoz

No, the accent LEDs are turned off when the DRLs are disabled. The only way to get them is to run with parking lights or headlights on, unfortunately.
  13. shadonoz

The other "trick" is that you have to start the switch routine within 2 seconds of putting your foot on the brake. If you hesitate at that point, it will fail.
  14. shadonoz

I'm curious why you decided to turn them back on. Was there a downside?
  15. shadonoz

2017~2020 Trunk opening randomly

I believe the fob is just a transmitter, not also a receiver.
  16. shadonoz

2017~2020 Trunk opening randomly

Many unlicensed wireless devices use the same frequencies as these key fobs. A stray signal or interference could be the explanation for some of these random activations.
  17. shadonoz

Warming up the engine on cold starts

I've posted this before, but for your edification, here is the blue light on a 17 GT
  18. IMG_20190729_145115437.jpg

IMG_20190729_145115437.jpg

low coolant temp light 2017 GT
  19. shadonoz

What Did You Do for Your CX-5 Today?

Check out quartz heaters. They're safe and much warmer than equivalent electric heaters.