Search results

1. Anchorman

2017~2020 2019 Mazda CX-5 GT PP Driver's side mirror vibration

Mine don’t vibrate. It mustn’t have stupid mirrors.
  2. Anchorman

Winter is here...and my cx5 turbo is now a 2.0!

I’m going looking at a Lexus today because of this seat thing. For me it is just uncomfortable and after about half an hour my butt starts to go numb - it feels like I’m sitting on something and I am! I could get the seat altered but I’ll see if the Lexus is naturally comfortable.
  3. Anchorman

What Auto Braking?

4. Anchorman

What's the least expensive way to get a working spare key fob?

Did you download the vehicle specific software?
  5. Anchorman

What Auto Braking?

Because statistically there are many accidents avoided by them. I visit the USA every year and the misuse of mobile phones seems to be getting worse to me. I regularly see drivers not only using their phone but browsing and texting on them so I’m quite happy for cars to include autonomous...
  6. Anchorman

CX 5 passenger window not working

It depends how confident you are about pulling a door to bits but all the parts are readily available. If you can hear the motor, it’s probably a drive cable. You can always go to an independent garage, it’s fairly general stuff.
  7. Anchorman

Wind Gust forced passenger door open

The end of the check strap inside the door is a loose component so you might have heard that. If the door opens and closes ok and all of the gaps are equal then it probably didn’t strain the hinges (bend them). I am wary of very high winds and although I’ve mentioned to my wife to never open a...
  8. Anchorman

What Auto Braking?

I can assure you it does.
  9. Anchorman

Safe Windshield Washer Fluid

The level sensor has a float switch. Interestingly, the newer VW range use a fine mist washer and they insist that anything other than their own fluid will block the jets (which is a known problem).
  10. Anchorman

What's the least expensive way to get a working spare key fob?

You can buy this scanner for about fifty bucks and do it yourself if you have a blank.
  11. Anchorman

2017~2020 Condesation rear lamp in new CX 5

It’s known by Mazda over here. They say if the condensation doesn’t trickle like yours, ignore it. If it does, replace it. Mine often do the same after washing. I’m in the ignore camp!
  12. Anchorman

Just seen this, it’s already been asked - sorry!
  13. Anchorman

Unob. Try disabling the VSC. Maybe it’s the intelligent AWD intervening. More power and cold enough for ice might cause it to predict traction and road holding issues.
  14. Anchorman

How in God’s name do you disable the auto-folding mirrors?

This is my switch. Press backwards to fold, forwards to return to open position but I tend to leave it level which folds automatically when the ignition is off.
  15. Anchorman

2019 CX-5 Diesel

It’s been a very long time coming but I’ve been working a lot. You asked a civil question and I’ll attempt to address what I find very confusing about the CX-5 diesel thing. All of my comments are based on the fact that “our” diesels are so much cleaner and more fuel efficient than the gasoline...
  16. Anchorman

Are you waiting for a third-generation CX-5?

They get better sound by taking the speaker out of the door and putting them forward into the kick panels. It also frees up the front door cavity which holds a pressure vessel to detect side impact.
  17. Anchorman

I may have described it badly but one of the options is for it not to fold when the ignition is turned off.
  18. Anchorman

You don’t have a switch? There is a 3 way switch on the window switch on mine - folded, out and auto?
  19. Anchorman

Are you waiting for a third-generation CX-5?

Somebody posted a magazine article that said the redesign was pushed back to 2023.
  20. Anchorman

Oil change drama

Synthetic additives are used to fortify mineral oil. There is no fixed level of additives that determine what is fully and what is semi and for each manufacturer it is different. I’m not sure how you distinguish what is best other than choose a good brand and the right viscosity. How can we...