Search results

1. F

Winter is here...and my cx5 turbo is now a 2.0!

Hmm the idea of reduced power due to to false knock from vibrating motor mounts in cold weather, it does seem plausible to me.
  2. F

Interesting Article On Mazda

He mentioned new powertrain options this year for the Mazda3. I wonder if that means we will finally get an AWD 2.5T Mazda3.
  3. F

You are only expected to be getting 310 ft-lbs of torque at the gear they dynoed the car in, probably 4th gear or 3rd gear. At 1st and 2nd gear, with the turbo at full boost, you are going to get more than 310 ft-lbs of torque. From what I've read on here, at 3rd gear and above, you are getting...
  4. F

My guess is that new exhaust manifold that Mazda is using that allows the engine to make instant boost at low RPM, maybe it is a little harder to control than regular turbocharged engines? Maybe, maybe not. Either way, yeah as has been suggested, those that have data should take it to the dealer...
  5. F

I would suggest appealing to Cobb Tuning to create an Accessport for Mazda's 2.5T engine so hopefully a tuner can sort this out. For the Mazdaspeeds for instance, tuners could disable the boost/torque restriction in 1st and 2nd gears that Mazda programmed into the Gen2 cars.
  6. F

Love all the data that has recently been shared! @Jeff F, what app are you using to make these graphs? They kinda look like Virtual Dyno graphs. @Odrapnew looks like you're still considering getting a CX-5 turbo. So I take it, the low power instances weren't as bad as you thought it would be?
  7. F

There it is! On that first run, the boost only gradually went up towards the end of the run. On the second run, you got max boost right away. Very interesting.
  8. F

Sounds like the tune is pulling boost to maintain traction in 1st and 2nd gear. I mean you did say you were going WOT in 1st and 2nd gear at 8F. They did a similar thing with the Gen2 Mazdaspeed3s, but that was because it was FWD and made 280 ft-lb of torque easily, not because it was cold...
  9. F

Any time frame for when the 2017+ CX5 exhaust will come out?

Man that is a beautiful looking axle back exhaust. Makes me want to buy a turbo CX-5 so I can get the exhaust installed haha.
  10. F

I would just log the WOT acceleration runs. Actually, if you can datalog on the same roads at different weather temps, that would very interesting data to look at. I don't know if it can, but if you can load the logfile data from Torque into Virtual Dyno, then you can even compare the...
  11. F

Did we get answers? There's just not enough data in this thread to figure out what's going on really.
  12. F

This happen to anyone's CX-5??

Same issue on our 2016 GT. I actually forgot that we had this issue until this thread reminded me.
  13. F

A presumed safety item that isn't safe - daytime running lights

Maybe the easier solution is to leave it on the AUTO setting. And tell the other people using the car to leave it on the AUTO setting. My dad kept doing the same thing in his Accord. Kept turning off the lights when he turns off the car. I told him multiple times until he learned to just leave...
  14. F

Lack Of Headroom In CX-30

The CX-30 to me, is basically a lifted up Mazda3 hatchback. Getting inside one feels like getting inside a Mazda3 hatchback that has more ground clearance. I don't think they increased headroom that much for this car.
  15. F

Should I buy this Mazdaspeed3?

Is it a Gen1 or Gen2 Speed3? I think chances are, it will cost more than $1600 to get it running.
  16. F

At what RPM is this happening? What gear? To trigger this MAF voltage issue, you have to be at high RPMs for the intake to be really ingesting so much air that it trips up the MAF sensor. A boost cut/fuel cut would feel like hitting something invisible in front of the car. Usually on WOT...
  17. F

You didn't notice it most likely because you were stock. The issue manifested on Speeds with mods that were still running the stock tune. But the cold weather does have an effect on it. I remember hitting 19-20 psi on my Speed3 with the stock tune and only a stage 2 intake and catback exhaust as...
  18. F

Mazda did a similar thing with the Mazdaspeed engines. They use load based tuning on the Speeds and when a certain load level/threshold is reached, they do a boost cut or (was it a fuel cut) to avoid blowing up the engines. This is notable in cold weather because as we all know, cold weather...
  19. F

So, it's been a few days, has anyone datalogged to see if the reduced power during these reported events is due to less boost?
  20. F

Are the people having these issues running winter tires?