Search results

1. J

2016 CX5 DRL recall announced

I wonder if he would have said the same thing to the police if they had told him. He's obviously "entitled" not to have the headlights on as it would infringe his human rights otherwise, blah blah etc etc.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  2. J

Is Mazda's upcoming MX-30 on your shopping list?

110 miles range is not very competitive nowadays. Even a VWeUP can do 165 and that's classed as a city car. Bear in mind that all of these ranges are manufacturers figures so the range is probably less. It's probably irrelevant to me as the roofline in the CX30 is too low for me as my head is...
  3. J

Are you waiting for a third-generation CX-5?

To me the new key design looks too fragile. I know you're not supposed to drop the key on to the floor but this inevitably happens at some stage. It looks as though the back will come off the new key and your override key will go and drop into the drain that inevitably exists adjacent to your...
  4. J

Lack Of Headroom In CX-30

So, I happened to pass by a local Mazda dealer and tried the CX30 for size. Oh dear, the headroom is not much better than the 3. I'm 6 feet 2 and my head was only about half an inch below the headliner and this was on the seat at it's lowest setting with a reasonable recline. Going over big...
  5. J

Updated version of the Infotainment System Available (70.0.0.352B NA N) for North America

Changelog at https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10169542-0001.pdf
  6. J

Ugh. Sudden issues with almost new 2019 CX-5

Loose earth or ground connection somewhere?
  7. J

2019 CX-5 Diesel

I couldn't buy a new 3 even if I wanted one as at 6 ft 2 the top of my head presses on the rooflining even with the seat all the way down with the seat in a proper driving position. If I had to recline anymore my arms would be stretched when using the steering wheel. Perhaps sales of 3's have...
  8. J

2020 Jan map available...

Just suggesting that you might wish to check with your library first as the Mazda Toolbox will need to be downloaded to their computer and they might not allow downloads for security reasons? Don't want you to have a wasted journey.:)
  9. J

Mazda should offer 5 years free map update...

If they offer 5 years then something else has to give from an accountants point of view. I'd happily give up leather seats option in higher spec CX5's for 5 years free maps.
  10. J

2016 CX-5 Map Update Questions

I could have sworn his signature said 2018 CX5. Oh well, it had been a long day.
  11. J

If Poggs38 CX5 is a 2018 model then he will have 3 years free map updates in the UK until 2021 so for the dealer to charge £30 (not dollars) for updating the map for him is a rip off. I took it to mean that the dealer will charge to update this time and the next time, and the next and so on. It...
  12. J

2019 CX-5 Diesel

How do you quantify this loss? 2 million, 5 million, 999 million? The left hand drive version of the diesel CX5 is sold all over the world so the extra production costs for the U.S market will be negligible. I think it was a toe in the water exercise for the U.S. which failed. On the other hand...
  13. J

You can put the latest maps on by using the Mazda Toolbox. £30 charged by the dealer is a rip off. Version 70 onwards does fix bugs, there's no need for the AA/Android hardware to be fitted.
  14. J

Instrument panel reflection on windshield

Thanks Rockethead. My CX5 goes so fast that No.2 occurs:ROFLMAO::eek:🚙 ZoomZoom
  15. J

Instrument panel reflection on windshield

I'm 6 foot 2 and I couldn't see it. Now I'm aware of it I can see it though not as bad as the original poster. I suppose it all depends on angles and glass curvature and the bending of light. (Thought for the day, According to physics If light can only travel in straight lines, why can it be...
  16. J

what is the latest 2017 CX-5 infotainment firmware version... please

Yes you can install. Just follow the instructions to the letter in the pdf. Version for NA only has now been updated to 70.00.352B. https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#
  17. J

Changelogs For Infotainment Sysytem (1st Generation Mazda Connect)

Thanks to ASH8 at https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...e-now-253.html CHANGELOGs for First Generation MZD-Mazda Connect FIRMWARE. Does NOT apply to all New 2019 Mazda 3 (BP). SYMPTOMS The following symptoms can be improved by the latest software (Ver. 70.00.335C). Improved symptoms...
  18. J

Our MZD System Is Not As Bad As We Think

Extract of bug fixes from a Peugeot 3008 forum: D5AQ016LQ0: LIST OF MALFUNCTIONS OF SOFTWARE 21.05.90.42 AND 21.05.82.12 FOR THE AUDIO-NAVIGATION NAC If the customer symptom corresponds to at least one of the malfunctions below : Apply this document : Black screen Systematic or sporadic...
  19. J

Reset ECU. Does it help?

Has anyone noticed the category of the video is classed as "Comedy" hmmm. Is it April 1st yet?
  20. J

Powertrain Control Module - Special Service Campaign

Just had this letter through the door. Includes "Your vehicle is now required to be installed with the very latest and improved engine calibration software. Software will also be installed to enhance the accelerator response as well as provide engine noise reduction." More Zoom Zoom and less DPF...