Search results

1. P

Boring Daily Build

It is a lot safer. If the sun is setting and you're diving into it, a car coming at you with its headlights on is a lot easier to see.
  2. P

Boring Daily Build

The low-beam headlights are always on when the car is running. All cars in Canada are always lit up. You still have to turn on your lights at night to turn the dash lights on and get the regular running lights to come on. (some cars are automatic)
  3. P

Boring Daily Build

I'd love to buy a clean P5 with a blown engine and swap in my engine but there really is no such thing around here. They're all rust buckets except for the rare car that was properly undercoated from new. My only real option is getting something from Texas or Arizona that is rust free but that...
  4. P

Boring Daily Build

I doubt it. The engine will probably fall out of the engine bay when the sub frame rots away. Lol
  5. P

Boring Daily Build

" I would imagine that's done wonders in preventing sludge. " The first few times I did it I could only drive about 50 miles before the oil was BLACK and I had to change the oil. All the sludge is gone now and it just keeps any from building up.
  6. P

Boring Daily Build

I've been using Seafoam since I bought my car 10 years ago. I put half a can in with my new oil at every oil change and leave it in. I don't burn a drop of oil. Apparently, it's just snake oil made from kerosene, alcohol and two other volatile compounds. It seems to work for me though...
  7. P

Boring Daily Build

I don't know how "diesel only" oil is different than regular oil ??
  8. P

Boring Daily Build

Keep in mind that I've never done anything like that before. The first I'd ever heard of diesel fuel was in that thread I linked you to. I know that if it was me, I give it a try. I have no idea about the diesel engine oil. I don't know much about oil. You could maybe message him to get some...
  9. P

Boring Daily Build

It could be Australian prices...
  10. P

Boring Daily Build

But he did say his buddy spend around $400 AUD (Aussie dollars) on all the oil and supplies... That $400 goes a long way toward a rebuild or new engine.
  11. P

Boring Daily Build

I remember washing out the engine on my dirt bike with varsol. The engine was full of dirt and water. I flushed it out...
  12. P

Boring Daily Build

Okay, he did both... Diesel engine oil and 1/2 liter of diesel fuel... "and about 500ml of diesel" He most likely meant diesel fuel.
  13. P

Boring Daily Build

No, don't beat on it. Take it out and take it up to highway speeds for a good long haul to soften up the oily blood clots and maybe dissolve some. Try to not make it smoke but get 'er hot. You can put diesel fuel in your oil... (it's a solvent.) The link posted about putting straight...
  14. P

Boring Daily Build

"I may try doing the diesel oil changes that you linked to me last time I was asking about my smoking problem lol" I think that's a good idea!! And don't just idle it in your driveway. Take it on the highway and work it hard. Get it hot. Don't make it smoke...
  15. P

Boring Daily Build

You could also just get your oil burning reduced enough to not throw any CELs and just keep your trunk full of new oil. It's could be cheaper than a rebuild or new engine. Just think of it as a 2 stroke engine where you mix the oil in. Lol
  16. P

Boring Daily Build

Nothing sounds really wrong anyway.
  17. P

Boring Daily Build

Something like this might help...
  18. P

Boring Daily Build

It sounds "tinny". It could be something rattling around outside the engine or something more serious inside the engine.
  19. P

Boring Daily Build

I've been thinking... To do the smoke test properly, you need to start with dry pistons. I think you should start your car and let it run at idle for half an hour or more. Don't hit the gas or anything that will make it smoke. Then just reach in and turn off the key. Then pull the plugs and...
  20. P

Boring Daily Build

You gotta remove it anyway... Get er ready.