Search results

1. 323

College Student First Car Build

i agree with fisonaka
  2. 323

Fresh Sweet Donuts Everywhere! (work log)

I needs self healing turbo seals lol. I noticed the clamp for that pipe wasn't tight enough anyway but I guess for a good reason. Else I would've never knew. I'll drive the car around for a few weeks and see if the oil problem worsens. If it does then I'll pull it for a rebuild I suppose since I...
  3. 323

That's cause you love me. Well, on my way to work today, the hot pipe coming directly off the turbo outlet popped off, which is usually expected when I remove and reinstall piping. However, I found oil in the coupler so I'm assuming the turbo seals are starting to go bad? My stock turbo unit...
  4. 323

The car is back together and running, now with more starch. Here's a short recap of the turbo & mani swap adventure leading up to yesterday. Removing the old turbo & manifold was easy as pie as I've done it before. Assembling the new turbo, manifold, and s-pipe, I ran into a snag with the ARP...
  5. 323

Thanks! And yeah steal all you want! It's such a good setup. Based on some searching, I found that you just have to heat up and bend the 90 degree part of the oil feed to 45 degrees and it'll fit on a gt28 and I was able to do so with success. My slim fan has arrived too so I'll be tackling...
  6. 323

The DD MS3

On Sunday, replaced the Vapor Canister Purge Valve/Solenoid in efforts to fix the P2188 code I encountered but I forgot to clear the code until Monday so I only have about 8 miles into it. Time will tell if the issue is fixed. Update: CEL code for P2188 has returned during my commute home...
  7. 323

I got the turbo assembly on the car but I've ran into two other issues. The stock oil feed has a 90 degree bend near the end that goes into the turbo. It fits fine on the stock turbo but not on the 2860. I'm no longer able to run my stock radiator fan (driver side) because it won't allow the...
  8. 323

the p5nugget

how's my old nugget?
  9. 323

In the middle of installing an upgraded steedspeed turbo mani and a used 2860 i picked up. Currently just waiting on replacement studs as the ones I picked up were a little too short for me to comfortably use them. I purchased copper plated locking nuts (recommended by many online) but the...
  10. 323

The DD MS3

Don't have any pictures to share on this update but poking around in the engine bay, I noticed the serpentine belt looks pretty worn so that'll have to be taken care of soon. Will order the GATES 90K38408E kit soon and get it taken care of.
  11. 323

Water in passenger footwell - where's the leak?

trunk could be the seams (more than likely if you've been in a rear end fender bender), trunk seals, or tail lights. my tail lights and trunk seal were letting in water. i removed the tail lights and added a rubber washer before putting the nuts back on and it fixed it for me. the trunk seal was...
  12. 323

What have you done to your MSP today?

you finish car right nao!
  13. 323

[DEFUNCT] The College-Budget P5

They're all money pits man. It's kind of a choose your own adventure book once you choose the car lol.
  14. 323

What have you done to your MSP today?

i quit because of new forum. part out tmr. turbo your miata yet?
  15. 323

[DEFUNCT] The College-Budget P5

If there’s no frame damage and you have a place to store it for a few years, but it back. You’ll have a car ready to turn into a dedicated track vehicle for cheap.
  16. 323

The DD MS3

Hello all. New to ms3's but not new to Mazda's. Starting a thread to keep track of my 2008 ms3's maintenance, to do lists, and photos. Purchased the car yesterday and will be picking it up later today. Car looks to be kept in very good condition but as always, there's a little work to get it...
  17. 323

Post your recent pictures!

o.g.sk8er, it's still looking great. my beater p5 is all faded. hell my msp is all faded too lol
  18. 323

Nocturnalspeed's Welcome & Build Thread

good morning :) where did everyone go?
  19. 323

440cc injectors, oem P5 crossbars, MSP rear sway bar, LED headlights, H7 HID harness

440cc injectors, LED headlights, H7 HID harness Had some time to finally take proper photos to post for sale. Help me offload these items! Prices include shipping to lower 48 states. No longer for sale - 440cc wrx injectors. Seals and o-rings have about 400 miles on them. SOLD - OEM Protege5...
  20. 323

OEM Passenger side Protege5 Headlight

For sale is an OEM Passenger side Protege5 Headlight. I just cleaned it with the polish which I perform every 4-6 months to keep them clear. Comes with high and low beam bulbs. No broken tabs. $60 shipped.