Search results

1. O

Sorry, but I couldn't pull the trigger (sad-ish)

Well, I gave it one more try today. They let me take it for 45 minutes. I found when I relax my legs to the sides, the bottom bolsters press into the sides of my thighs. Bolsters are just too stiff. If I hold my legs together, there is no pressure and the seat is fine. Unfortunately, letting...
  2. O

Winter is here...and my cx5 turbo is now a 2.0!

Turbo engines may produce variable power depending on conditions, but this is beyond that. I'll go back to my Speed6 and Explorer, again, they are the only turbo vehicles I have for reference. ~70k in the Speed6 and ~90K miles the Explorer (and climbing), never did/have I felt like either...
  3. O

:) If I could find a 2018 with DSG locally, I'd be looking at it. There is a certified 2016 (20k miles) and a certified 2017 (56k miles), both right around $30K. I think the '16 is overpriced, but again, it's certified and fully loaded. I'd like to get into the 2018 with the 7spd DSG and digital...
  4. O

I've thought about the Edge ST, but it's too much like my Explorer inside. I'd rather just stick with my Explorer and save the money. I'd like something different, interior/exterior wise. Plus, it would be hard to get a deal like I have available for the CX5 GTR.
  5. O

I drove both the Sig and GTR. I didnt notice a difference in comfort, but again, the GTR didnt show any discomfort until the 2nd day. What's also interesting is that I had no comfort issues with the ~40min combined (GTR and Sig back to back) test drives and shortly after, the ~30 minute drive...
  6. O

Looking at the seats in the CX9, they appear to have similar design as my explore where the bolsters fade away as you get towards the front of the seat. While I'd love the quick, compact, fuel efficient CX5, I may have to check out a CX9. Looking at lease deals, CX9 will be more, but might be...
  7. O

I haven't played with logging in Torque Pro, but I think if you go into settings from the main screen, you can specify what and how to log. 6th line down
  8. O

If I had already purchased the CX5 and had issues, I'd be trying these suggestions, however, I didn't buy it yet and may go back and try it again. My concern with adding a cushion to the seat is the heated/ventilated performance. Now it has to go through the cushion as well. Plus, it's just not...
  9. O

Sorry, looks like I caused this thread to derail a bit. Since I started it, I'll ask everyone to keep this thread on the topic power loss in 2.5T. I have a separate thread explaining my reasons for not signing the papers and I believe there's a different one related to seat comfort. Here's...
  10. O

What about one of those 'cold' air intakes? You know, the one where you put a conical air filter in the engine bay and not block the under hood heated air from entering it. I saw a great example in the 'what did you do to your cx5 thread.' I'm actually working on a program at work where our...
  11. O

Here are a couple pictures of my Explorer. You can see how the bolster near the edge of the see fades down and below the center section. People have complained that the higher center section puts pressure on the back of the knees, but didnt notice. As been said before, one size doesn't fill all.
  12. O

@CatsPaw I appreciate the comments. I wish I could get more seat time in one before I purchased. I tried searching for cx5 rental, but not having any luck. I should bring my wife's CX9 in for some work (whatever it may be) and get a CX5 loaner. :unsure:
  13. O

Hey Jeff, if you get a chance (in cold weather), try a couple of these tests. Manual shift into 2nd gear, lower rpm and get into the throttle and monitor the same parameters. Repeat the same for 3rd gear and 4th gears if possible As I mentioned, when I had the overnight test drive, 1st and 2nd...
  14. O

Makes sense. Looking at pictures of CX5 seat vs. my Explorer, the center section of my Explorer appears to sit a little higher at the front (right behind the knees) than the side bolsters and the side bolsters get taller closer to the seat back. The CX5 bolsters appear to be relatively the same...
  15. O

Actually, the low power in 1st and 2nd gears is probably worse than I expected. Everything seems to be good in 3rd gear and above. Also, I'm still trying to determine how big of an issue this will be for me for the couple months of cold weather. This morning was an example where I needed to get...
  16. O

I've had issues with sciatica in the past, but it's been a few years since I've had any flare-up. More recent back issues are general sore lower back and a couple 'throw outs' when picking up heavy objects (or kids). I'd say what I felt in the CX5 was similar to sciatica. I'll admit, my typical...
  17. O

I was really disappointed that I had the seat issue, but I'm also grateful that the dealer let me take it overnight and get more seat time. After driving my Explorer again today, I can see why it's more comfortable. I sit with my legs relaxed to the sides, which put pressure on the bolsters in...
  18. O

That's where most of us are confused. LESS boost and still make same power makes sense, but based on my drive and your data, it makes ~0 boost, which is just terrible for power (and in some cases, safety).
  19. O

If they still have it next weekend, I might stop back and try that. I've had back issues in the past, so a comfortable driver's seat is important.
  20. O

Good info above. When I had the extended rental, I found boost was minimal in 1st and 2nd gear. I tried manual 2nd gear and low speed, but it didnt matter, still low boost. I even tried rolling into the throttle and it still struggled in 1st and 2nd. When I put it in 3rd gear, 8psi+ was easy on...