Search results

1. yrwei52

Wiper Blades not made for a 2018 CX5?

And I always lift and re-sit the wiper blades making the rubber inserts parked in different direction to offset such problem.
  2. yrwei52

CX-5 New (OEM) Tires Question

The reason I asked Kaps about adding a couple of more psi is because most General AltiMax RT43 users have found that’d have much better performance. Recommended tire pressure is mostly for OEM tires. Different tires may need different tire pressure to have the best performance for the same...
  3. yrwei52

With 255/55R19 tires on your Michelin Defender LTX M/S, your speedometer and odometer will be off a bit as the tires are a bit larger at 29” overall diameter. The “measuring rim width” is 8” on your Defender LTX M/S instead of 7” for OEM tire size which affects the tire section width and at the...
  4. yrwei52

Transmission not disengaging

The reason I asked is because the description in the TSB doesn’t seem to match your transmission problem, especially “these conditions may occur when the customer depresses the brake pedal and makes contact with the throttle pedal simultaneously.” Nevertheless getting a newer version of PCM...
  5. yrwei52

Can you tell if the PCM update has actually fixed the problem you had?
  6. yrwei52

Provided that the Mazda dealer didn’t charge him for PCM update based on the TSB for an out-of-warranty vehicle.
  7. yrwei52

Wiper Blades not made for a 2018 CX5?

Yes gen-2 CX-5 uses proprietary hook which is a little difficult to find right now. If you’re satisfied about the performance of these OEM “beam” wiper blades, you can try cheaper rubber inserts. Since there’re so many complaints on gen-2 OEM wiper blades, you can also try Bosch AeroTwin part...
  8. yrwei52

What Did You Do for Your CX-5 Today?

Thanks for the info. I guess I still prefer the old website where it’d show vehicle and location info underneath the user name automatically for each user if you’re in full desktop mode. Right now we have to go into a couple of levels in user detail to get such info. The worse part on new...
  9. yrwei52

I highly doubt your problem is caused by speed sensor. I’d start with the easy one, drain-and-fill ATF and change the filter cartridge although there’s some risk with high mileage transmission at 120K miles unless the ATF has been changed before. If it really is the lock-up clutch problem...
  10. yrwei52

Did you add 2~3 psi sbove the recommended 34 psi on your 225/65R17 102H RT43’s?
  11. yrwei52

Agreed. But OP should check possible low ATF level first. And we also need more info on OP’s CX-5, such as model year and mileage ⋯
  12. yrwei52

2014 CX-5 98,700 miles Now Whines

My guess of your transmission whining is the transmission input shaft bearing based on this TSB: Whining Noise From Automatic Transaxle 2012-2014 Mazda The fix of transmission problem nowadays is simply replace the whole unit. Even the Mazda dealer will do the same based on the...
  13. yrwei52

Yes, this’s my experience on one of the new Michelin’s with dry rot issue on the sidewall after 4 years. Michelin refused to take care of it and claimed it’s normal. Would never buy another set of Michelin’s unless the price is right and the review is good.
  14. yrwei52

Question for 2019 CX-5 owners about wipers

They may look similar as both of them are “beam” type wiper blade, but the hook-up part definitely is different. Bosch Envision comes with several hook-up adapters to fit different hooks of wiper arm, but AeroTwin comes with an OEM hook-up which fits specifically to OEM wiper arm. So Bosch...
  15. yrwei52

LOL @ Rav4

On the list only one issue, engine block recall, caught my attention as others are minor, or really some of them are personal preference. Over 44,000 cars and SUVs from the 2019 and 2020 model years which spread into many models of Toyota and Lexus, are being recalled due to this issue. But...
  16. yrwei52

LOL @ Rav4

We have no way to prove that at this time. It took about 12 months to have the issue of cylinder deactivation exposed since Mazda started selling 2018 CX-5 2.5L with CD. While the PCM software fixes may have resolved the issue, but as long as there’s no physical barrier like many other...
  17. yrwei52

LOL @ Rav4

No, it was not just one, there're at least 5 engine replacements reported here due to rocker arm fallen caused by cylinder deactivation.
  18. yrwei52

LOL @ Rav4

Yes indeed!
  19. yrwei52

Awkward Reflection

To me although the side AC vents have moved lower, I still can see the chrome vent reflection on the side rear view mirror when I test drove the gen-2 CX-5’s. And the OP making such complaint does have a gen-2 CX-5.
  20. yrwei52

Question for 2019 CX-5 owners about wipers

This’s a common compliant on gen-2 CX-5. You can try to get a Bosch AeroTwin part # 3397014398 which comes with 24/18 pair. Bosch AeroTwin series are designed to exactly meet OEM specs, hence no special hook adapter is needed. Amazon has AeroTwin 3397014398 for $30.51 a pair with shipping...