Search results

1. C

2017~2021 Timing cover seal and coolant flange issue

Finally got my car back. After trying to repair timing cover, there was a “bent” o ring and they had to order a new one. For the timing cover leak, they said supposedly from the first time they tried to repair, there was an issue with an O ring from the cylinder deactivation oil control...
  2. C

thanks cz5gt! Yeah they didn’t specify for the inlet so I’ll have to ask. He said you could see some dried up coolant around the connection, but it wasn‘t a major issue from what it sounded, Definitely frustrating since it’s a newer vehicle, but other than that I love it. I had a loaner last...
  3. C

Yikes....yeah clearly bad design. Hopefully the master mechanic can do a better job. supposedly has been there 25 years. From other posts it doesn’t seem detrimental, but is definitely annoying. supposedly the coolant inlet he said there is no TSB but I’ll ask again, because it sounded like it...
  4. C

yeah it specifically said “water pump inlet”. My service guy said he’s been seeing it more frequently so also seems to be an issue. He made it sound like there is an updated part, so we’ll see. Unfortunately have to go back Monday because mechanic is backed up.
  5. C

In service right now. 2nd time the timing cover seal has failed on my 2018. They said it’s because the tech did a poor job and that this time the master mechanic was going to do it. I’m a bit concerned as I was in December of 2019 for the exact same issue and was assured once they fixed it, it...
  6. C

2018 Timing cover oil leak...should I be concerned?

Yeah I even when they showed me, it was still hard to tell. Obviously had some oil on a case near it, so something was leaking. When I asked the service guy he said it*s not uncommon, and that supposedly once they fix it, they*ve not had any repeats. He can say all he wants, and pretty sure...
  7. C

2018 Timing cover oil leak...should I be concerned?

Went for routine maintenance...after inspection told me the gasket was leaking. First Mazda, and feel like with 20k miles that shouldnt be happening. Is this cause for concern even though its going to be fixed and under warranty? Glad they saw it because when they showed me I would have never...
  8. C

Vibrating noise only when in drive and completely stopped with brake

Hmmm well I*m in Phoenix and lows are only in the 40s so it isn*t that cold. If that*s the case since there is fluid in them, that*s somewhat of a poor design
  9. C

Yeah I thought about that too. That*d be pretty bad since it*s barely over a year. Hopefully they have some answers when I take it in soon.
  10. C

Very faint high pitched "mosquito" sound

On my 2018 touring I had a faint whistling noise when under load going around 60-75mph. Never heard it when idle and don*t have a turbo. Dealer tried to say it was wind noise, but I don*t believe it. It*s kind of hard to hear but when my radio is off I notice it. It*s kind of like a high pitch...
  11. C

Have a 2018 with 21k miles and noticed within the last few thousand miles that when Im at a complete stop with brakes depressed, there is a vibration. Can even feel it in the brake pedal and makes a low rattling noise. If I put the car in park and let it idle, I dont hear or feel it. Seems like...
  12. C

2019 CX-5 Signature, whistling noise on highway or high speeds

Have a 2018 Touring and I get whistling around 55mph but over 65 seems to decrease. My dealer told me it was the mirror, but I don*t understand why it subsided when going faster. It*s almost like a very faint *winding/whirring* noise and of course they can never replicate it because like OP said...
  13. C

CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

Scheduled my install appointment for Wednesday but emailed the service manager. Told me since i have parts already labor is $150, but then informs me that they are running a "promotion" and parts AND labor are only $250. aggghh
  14. C

New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

My dealer just quoted $450 for whole install. Wouldnt do it for free even though I bought 2 months ago and was marketed as a feature. I asked how much labor only would be and they quoted $150. So if I bought parts online, total would be about $315. Not too terrible. Id imagine it takes a couple...
  15. C

Engine noise, not sure if normal or not

So today I narrowed it down to about the 55 MPH range. If i get to about 60MPH or above, I can't hear it anymore. Just seems to be around 55 MPH and that's really when I hear it. Did some searching and saw older models had "whining" issues and some said it was seals for the axel, others said...
  16. C

Yeah I bet it's nothing to worry about but figured I'd ask. Whirring would be a good way of describing, but it's so faint that the average person isn't probably aware, and the only reason I noticed it is because it was a higher pitch and didn't occur all the time. Someone on reddit said they...
  17. C

Hey all, recently purchased a 2018 CX-5 Touring. I didn't notice this right away because I had my music playing most days, but while on a road trip when I'm between 1500-2000 RPM with speeds ranging from 55-65 MPH, I've noticed a slightly higher pitched noise that appears to come from the...
  18. C

What did you pay for your CX-5?

Nice! Probably a better deal than what I got since you got the 0% even after paying crazy CA taxes! Enjoy the ride.
  19. C

Their initial quote is usually going to be garbage. That's why it's good to blast out a bunch of emails and make sure you actually get numbers. Then you have starting points to go off of. Look over the prices people paid on here. You can even mention that "you know people that were getting...
  20. C

Yeah move on. Had 1 dealer say to me that he felt there was no way I could get the pricing I did and that it was a very aggressive quote. Then I had 2 dealers going back and forth for the lower price. 1 eventually said that since I didn't come in the price was no good anymore. The other held...