Search results

1. L

Off Topic What are ya listening to?

Woohoo! The more the merrier. What are ya listening to this week @7eregrine ?
  2. L

LankyKiwi's Rally-flavored SP20

Cert: 👍 Warrant of Fitness: 👍 Road registration: 👍 It's fully road legal now! Took it for a spin over the Kaimai ranges to the parents, about 1 1/2 hours one way up and down a fairly twisty road. The thing just pulls up hills, and it barely slowed down around corners. Gave Mum and Dad a ride...
  3. L

FS-DE To FS-ZE conversion questions

+1 on trawling through the old threads, lots of good info buried in here! https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/fsze-protege5-track-build.123873964/ https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/mazda-protege5-fs-ze-engine-swap.123863919/...
  4. L

That album, Sound Awake is a good start! It's the most accessible in my opinion. Themata is a bit heavier and rougher and Asymmetry is a bit more Tool-esque and takes a few listens to get a grip on. Hopefully we'll see a new album this year too!
  5. L

Lots of awesome music in here! I dragged a couple of university friends along to die valkyrie when the NZSO performed it a few years ago. Hearing it all in person was intense! Also impressive was the absolute quietness of the audience during the performance. I got given an old pioneer SA-404...
  6. L

Nice! Love Thrice, rediscovered them last year and there music seems to have matured so well I need to expand my hip-hop ears, any other favourites to look out for?
  7. L

What have you done to your P5 today?

@pcb coming through with the information again! Thanks!
  8. L

Gidday guys and girls, lets talk music! What's on your playlist at the moment, any new discoveries? Any old favourites? Streaming, CD, Vinyl? Any new gear? Let's see and hear it! I've fallen in to a Ska and Ska punk rabbit hole lately, there's heaps of new material coming out and some older...
  9. L

We don't need no truck! 3.6M lengths of timber, one end on the dash, the other hanging out the back. Got a few funny looks but nothing fell off!
  10. 20210605_125936.jpg

20210605_125936.jpg

11. L

Bosch wideband sensors have a bit of a reputation for burning out , I'd go Denso as a good compromise I'm getting really tempted to put a push-button start in this thing, no more dodgy ignition switch!
  12. L

Will give videos a go for sure! Need to beg or borrow a better camera than my old phone to really capture the noises. I haven't heard the car from the outside yet!
  13. L

How to install Protege5 roof rack delete strips?

Gotta pull the headlining out, then the roof rack strips unbolts from the roof skin. Go slow and steady with the trim, brittle plastic and soft headlinings are easy to damage. Workshop manual chapter 09-16 has all the body trim, check it out here: http://www.mazdaspd.com/manuals.html#body...
  14. L

After a faffing around for a few months chasing a intermittent starting issue, replacing relays and starters several times, I think I've nailed the problem... The key barrel is worn out, just turning the key doesn't quite get the contacts touching, but pushing up and turning works fine...
  15. L

Car is now certified! Wooohoo! Waiting on some official paperwork and a final warrant of fitness check, then it's fully road legal! Replaced the o2 sensor and it's all running good now Managed to get three familias in a row in a car park Mounted a cheap clock in the drivers air vent, used a...
  16. 20210604_145730.jpg

20210604_145730.jpg

17. 20210528_145630.jpg

20210528_145630.jpg

18. 20210604_145447.jpg

20210604_145447.jpg

19. L

FSZE Protege5 Track Build

Car sounds and looks mint! That track looks like a bunch of fun too. Rear swaybar looks good too, are these the bars that have the special mounts to avoid clunking? Also, grrrrr, stuck calipers on these cars are the worst!
  20. L

Neeeaaaarly there! battery drains installed, engine mount re-installed, a few small items ticked off and the seat mounts have been re-jigged. The inner front mounts required the most work, I cut the factory mount off and added a new plate. The outer front mount got a plate as well to cover up...