Search results

1. T

Load Creak, New Car

I*m having a similar issue (which I posted in another thread) - and wonder if it*s the rubber sound-deadening stripping around the interior doors. I experience that kind of sound when going around curves, going over bumps, etc., too It*s very annoying - and something I*ve not encountered in...
  2. T

2017~2021 Door Creaking Issue

That makes sense - why risk it. And since it's under warranty, might as well have the dealer take a look at it. Thanks for the tip....
  3. T

Got it - that's what I figured. I'll start with Option #2 first to see if that knocks out the issue. If not, I'll circle back to the dealer. Thank you....
  4. T

My 2019 Touring is only a few months old, but I've already begun noticing door creaking noises in all four doors (front/back, driver/passenger). It's a dull kind of noise, almost like the doors aren't shut all the way...or the windows aren't fully closed (even though both are). I've seemed...
  5. T

Windshield Washer Fluid recommendation?

Got it - thank you.
  6. T

So, I stopped by my dealership on the way in to work yesterday (since I had a little extra time), and they filled up the windshield washer fluid for me...with apparently water. I popped the hood afterward to check, in order to see if they filled it up all the way (which they did). However, the...
  7. T

Exactly - my experience as well, which is why I was wondering if it would be worth it to head to my dealer to have it refilled. Ive used Rain-X before - or whatever my local mechanic was using (blue stuff). However, nothing has been as good & quick-drying as the stuff that originally came with...
  8. T

Appreciate all the feedback. Ill probably go with Prestone, given some potential concerns with Rain-X. Sounds like bringing it back to Mazda for a fill-up isnt all that necessary.
  9. T

Dangerous cylinder deactivation trouble on 2018 CX-5 and 6 models

The Skyactiv-X engine looks intriguing, indeed. I read this Car & Driver article that gave an early review of it: https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15081390/2019-mazda-3-with-skyactiv-x-compression-ignition-gas-engine-prototype-drive-review/ The article mentions knocking noises from the...
  10. T

Just leased a new 2019 CX-5 a few months ago, and already Im getting a warning notification that my windshield washer fluid is low (Ive used the fluid briefly twice on my front windshield). Can anyone recommend a decent washer fluid to purchase? Looks like either the Prestone or the Rain-X Bug...
  11. T

2017~2021 Infotainment Clouds?

Im having the same issue. Its only on the Mazda infotainment side - not on the CarPlay side. Used to be only faint clouds/smoke on the home screen. Now they are appearing on the Mazda radio screen as well. Definitely looks like a smudge, but is not. When I switch over to CarPlay, a pure...
  12. T

Signature mpg

Thank you - makes me feel a bit better. Still, I miss the power of a turbo. Then again, Ill have to move out of Los Angeles in order to see my MPG improve.
  13. T

Signature mpg

Im jealous. Im getting about 18-19 MPG with my 2019 Touring FWD with mainly city/stop-and-go driving. I thought Id be getting better gas mileage with the Touring, but I kinda wish I went with the turbo option now. Might have been better off....
  14. T

2019 CX-5 Signature, Seat discomfort?

Indeed - though I havent encountered this issue with any of the other vehicles that Ive driven in the past 20+ years, which is why it seems a little odd. The seats seem to have a narrow margin for error. Its either just right...or really off. Not a lot of flexibility in between. Still, the...
  15. T

Interesting that its the opposite with my 2019. Its uncomfortable for about the first 30 minutes or so (unfortunately, the bulk of my commute) - and then it settles in a bit after that. Either way, like you mentioned, hope Mazda gets it just right with the 2020 seats....
  16. T

From what Ive gathered here, there was an issue with Gen1 vehicles having seat cushions that became too soft over time. Seems like Gen2 vehicles were designed with extra firm cushions to compensate for this. Heres hoping Gen3 vehicles hit the sweet spot in between perhaps....
  17. T

I concur - and there are a few people on here who have gotten the seats reupholstered for not a lot of money, and were pleased with the results. Given how well the rest of the vehicle is, a modification of the seats might be your best/cheapest bet in the long run.....
  18. T

Actually, Im on the slimmer side - and Ive had similar issues with the CX-5 seats. The leather seats were way too firm for me, so I opted for the Touring version, which were slightly better (not as stiff), but the suede is rather grippy. Ended up getting seat covers which has made the seats a...
  19. T

2017~2021 Best way to sell new cx-5

Appreciate the tip on the sheepskins. My wife is an animal lover, so animal products are out, unfortunately (another reason, in addition to the discomfort factor, why I didnt opt for the leather seats). The Coverkings cloth covers are doing the trick so far. Hope Mazda either goes with an...
  20. T

2017~2021 Best way to sell new cx-5

Appreciate the heads-up. Well still roll the dice with the covers, as the seat comfort is hardly tolerable with OEM suede fabric. Ive heard the neoprene covers cause more damage and excessive heat. Ive tried just about every other seat cover, and nothing was as close to comfortable. The...