Search results

1. MyFirstMazda

Battery draw on 2021 CX-30

If a load test on the battery tests good, and the battery charges when driving, then it has to be a parasitic draw. The dealer should have checked for that with a voltmeter.
  2. MyFirstMazda

Trade-Up? 2021 CX-5 or 2023 CX-5 (or CX-50)?

I would probably get the 2021 model. They might have good deals so they sell most of them before the new model comes out, assuming that most people will want the latest and greatest model once they are on the lots. #2, I realized how easy it is to sell a car privately after selling mine and...
  3. MyFirstMazda

SkyActiv Oil Analysis Thread

I don't think it would run very good if the head gasket gave out. Let's hope that you just happened to contaminate that oil sample with coolant.
  4. MyFirstMazda

Transmission issues (Loss of power)?

Your mpg is really bad. How many miles on your car? Maybe your valves have excessive carbon build up. Symptoms of carbon buildup
  5. MyFirstMazda

First CX-5 oil drain

Ladd check your oil level to see what the dealer filled it too. I checked my car the day I got it and it was at the full mark, and I always put 5 quarts + 425CC to get it just about to the full mark. 473CC is half a quart, the difference between 473 and 425 is only 1.6 ounces, I would probably...
  6. MyFirstMazda

Transmission fluid change without filter replacement

I did what Digbicks1234 did, for the most part it is intuitive. The top comes off easy, leave the sensor connected and put it out of the way. Take out the filter. Undo the two 10mm screws holding the scoop to take it and the bottom part of the airbox out together. The rubber grommets are...
  7. MyFirstMazda

I will try and pop them up tomorrow. I put it back together and mowed the lawn :-/ I just want to reach the stupid dip stick to check my transmission fluid level.
  8. MyFirstMazda

How do you get the rubber insulators over the posts to remove the lower portion of the airbox? (see pic) You just muscle them over the posts? The top of the posts have a large retainer, that is why I figured I would ask before trying to force the rubber insulators over them. This is the gen2 CX-5.
  9. Airbox.JPG

Airbox.JPG

10. MyFirstMazda

Oil filter - 2.5L Turbo

It sounds like that dealership uses the same oil filter for for all their cars, turbo or non turbo. I would call their parts department and ask if they have an oil filter part number 1WPY-14-302, out of curiosity.
  11. MyFirstMazda

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Good luck with your Stelvio. What did Carvana pay? Was the process easy?
  12. MyFirstMazda

First CX-5 oil drain

Oh and his previous one had the allen screw oil plug.
  13. MyFirstMazda

First CX-5 oil drain

It seems like you have been here forever, this is your first oil change?
  14. MyFirstMazda

No, *NOT* the usual tow-hook question (length related)

If I get motivated one day I might try welding a piece of 1" gas pipe to a bolt and loop to see if it would have the strength as a tie down.
  15. MyFirstMazda

3 neighbors now: Cat Converter Stolen! Seeing article in NYT

Find a catalytic converter recycle place. I made a short video of my experience:
  16. MyFirstMazda

They took my driver's license and probably made a copy of it, but that's it. And I signed a digital receipt.
  17. MyFirstMazda

I got around to selling my cat today, they gave me $200.
  18. MyFirstMazda

No, *NOT* the usual tow-hook question (length related)

I wonder if Home Depot has a bolt with that size thread. Then you could make a custom kayak tie down if you have a friend with a welder.
  19. MyFirstMazda

New Owner - 2016.5 GX AWD

I think the 2018 is best! That isn't a rack on the back of his car, it is the bumper of his wife's car that he backed into.