Search results

1. D

2020 CX-5 GT AWD + PP price check

If the difference is 30,000 more miles to save $7,000 I vote buy new.
  2. D

Is the Signature the best all-around car for under $33,000?

I figure 95% of the USA's population does have sales tax. And for a CX-5 purchase the difference in sales tax rates probably amounts to between $100 and $500. So for threads about pricing I am fine using OTD. I understand if others prefer detailed lists of options, accessories, fees, taxes etc...
  3. D

Side cargo nets?

For holding what items? I've got a small nylon zipper bag that holds a couple of spray bottles and a few microfiber towels, but that bag stays in place without a cargo net.
  4. D

I thought bait & switch was gone, apparently Mark Mazda still does it

I was writing a check for the agreed upon OTD price and did not ask what the additional $550 was supposedly for, but just told the finance person sitting across her desk from me that I was paying what myself and the sales person had agreed to as my OTD price.
  5. D

I thought bait & switch was gone, apparently Mark Mazda still does it

We bought a Miata last year and when it came time to sign closing papers and write a check the finance person tried to add $550 to the agreed upon out the door price. This was a bait and switch attempt but I insisted on the agreed upon price and they honored it, so we bought the car.
  6. D

I think out the door price makes the best sense for new vehicle pricing discussions. I understand that USA States, Counties, Cities etc... have different tax rates, but including those factors, other fees etc... just makes pricing comparison discussions confusing. OTD pricing may not be a...
  7. D

Why did you write "under $33 thousand" ? The photo you provided reads you paid $36,425 .
  8. D

2017~2021 Torque for wheel bolts question

Thanks for the information. I watched the guy as he was using the wrench. He counted off each of the 5 bolts, and I did hear the wrench make a clicking noise. Prior to him doing the work his supervisior had told him to set the wrench at 100.
  9. D

2017~2021 Torque for wheel bolts question

Sorry, I've never used a torque wrench. The employee at the oil change shop used a power tool to remove the bolts/tires. He finished the installation using a manual torque wrench to tighten the bolts. When using a manual wrench how does one know which ft-lb number is accomplished ?
  10. D

2017~2021 AWD versus FWD

Tire pressure is good, I usually keep them at about 37 psi. At 15 to 20 mph the wheels roll freely in neutral (N) and when in drive (D) there is a bit of resistance.
  11. D

2017~2021 AWD versus FWD

How do you know it is "2%"? Is there something written from Mazda specifying 2%?
  12. D

2017~2021 AWD versus FWD

My son's 16 FWD has a comfortable, easy rolling drive when accelerating. My 19 AWD , when accelerating, has a bit of resistance rather than easy rolling drive. Each week I am driving both the 16 and the 19 so the difference is noticeable. The 19 AWD does handle tighter and firmer than the 16...
  13. D

2017~2021 AWD versus FWD

I bought the 2019 CX-5 AWD new and on the drive home realized the ride was very different from the 2016 CX-5 FWD. At its first oil change-tire rotation I asked the service advisor about the difference in ride between AWD and FWD. He replied that the rear wheels are powered about 40% (or maybe he...
  14. D

2017~2021 AWD versus FWD

Well, his belief would clarify why there is a drive-feel difference between FWD and AWD. I think Mazda's marketing of AWD proclaims rear wheel power only engages when needed, but I have not read anything more specific than that (from Mazda).
  15. D

2017~2021 AWD versus FWD

You've given me something to check. However wouldn't the brake pads have premature wear ?
  16. D

2017~2021 AWD versus FWD

I've had CX-5's with Toyos, Yokohamas, and BF Goodrich, but can't say I've noticed any significant drive-feel-handling difference among those tires. Regardless, I doubt this "resistance" feel I have on my 2019 AWD is related to tires. It sort of feels like the way a car might drive if the...
  17. D

2017~2021 AWD versus FWD

A service advisor at a dealership told me the front-to-rear ratio was about 60-40, but I've read the 98-2 ratio as well, so I don't know what is the truth about Mazda AWD power engagement of all wheels. The FWD CX-5's I've driven have all been 2016 model year.
  18. D

2017~2021 AWD versus FWD

Well, I suppose driving a 2019 CX-5 would be helpful to me understanding the difference between AWD and FWD. My assumption has been that power to all 4 wheels changes the drive characteristics and feel.
  19. D

CX-5 Accessory must haves?

Mazda has a soft vinyl cargo mat which covers the rear cargo area (including the backs of the rear seats). It's a great product, better than the heavy duty rubber cargo area protectors.
  20. D

2017~2021 AWD versus FWD

When driving my 2019 CX-5 AWD it feels like there is a bit of "resistance" preventing the free flow of the wheels. Golf carts have a governor (to prevent people from being able to drive too fast , especially on a downward slope) and the CX-5 AWD reminds me of that. For comparison, my son's...