Search results

1. S

Headlight not always working

The driver's side headlight )low beam) on our 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring is intermittently turning off. It usually starts ok, but goes out some time after running. Being that they are the Xenon bulbs, what is my course of action here? I only messed with it in the dark last night, and it didn't look...
  2. S

Power window issue

Our 2008 CX-9 is starting to show its age. I replaced the driver's door regulator a few months ago. This morning, the wife couldn't get the passenger front window to roll back up. It would go up a few inches, then go back down. The happened with both switches and when holding the switch or on...
  3. S

Audio cutting out, popping in 2008 CX-9 with Bose sub

Our 2008 CX-9 GT is having some audio issues as of late. The speaker in the driver's side door makes a loud popping sound sometimes. Also the audio stops entirely sometimes. Changing from FM to CD to Media does not get audio. It either comes back on after a few seconds or sometimes once the car...
  4. S

Got the first oil report back

When I changed the oil on out CX-9, I took a sample of the oil and sent it off for analysis. I wanted to establish a baseline for a 3,000 mile interval with dino oil. The dealer used Kendall GT 1 5W-20 when they did our free first oil change. I added 3 oz of Auto-Rx to help carry any break-in...
  5. S

Easy oil change

I must say that changing the oil in the CX-9 was refreshingly easy. The filter is right there with no obstructions in the way. It is a welcome change from our 2004 Envoy that had a filter mounted in a tight space right above the front sway bar. Five and a half quarts of Mobil 1 0W-20, three...
  6. S

Motorola Z9 not working with Bluetooth

We just bought the wife a new cell phone. We are having a bear of a time getting it to sync up with the CX-9. She has a Motorola Z-9, which is basically a slider version of the Razor2. It syncs up to my Jabra headset without a problem. When trying to get it setup in the CX-9, it gets almost all...
  7. S

Cleaned up the CX-9

We bought our CX-9 Grand Touring about three weeks ago and I finally got around to doing a detail on it. I had a coat of PB Polish with Carnauba on there for protection, but it really needed to be clayed and polished. I washed and dried it to get off the road dust and dirt. I then proceeded to...
  8. S

And on the seventh, into the shop it goes

The wife went to leave for work this morning and the battery was dead. We've had the CX-9 for seven days now. I gave her the keys to my Speed 6 so I could charge the battery and call the dealership. After sitting in the waiting room for an hour or so, I was told there was a drain somewhere in...
  9. S

Mazda CX-9 Incentives and buying a CX-9

The wifey wants to add another Mazda to the family, namely a CX-9 GT FWD. The current financing incentives are set to expire at the end of the month. Does anyone think Mazda will continue them into next month? Right now, the lowest offer I've received is $32,426 for a GT with the towing...