Search results

1. B

More rumors about future Mazda products - 2022 and beyond

Anyone else hoping for slightly lifted 6 Wagon in the USA? My jaw dropped when I saw the Wagon a few years ago in Europe.
  2. B

Pulstar Spark Plugs?

Thanks. This pretty much settles it for me. OEM it is.
  3. B

Pulstar Spark Plugs?

And this is why I started the discussion- to see if anyone else has already tried them :).
  4. B

Pulstar Spark Plugs?

I generally agree with you. But the theory behind these spark plugs makes sense and the combustion seen in the video matches the results. I am [over] due for new plugs (98k miles and still with originals) otherwise would never swap for pure upgrade.
  5. B

Pulstar Spark Plugs?

According to Project Farm's test and others, increased performance/reduced consumption.
  6. B

Pulstar Spark Plugs?

That's what grabbed my attention at first place. But the reviews on amazon are concerning. Looks to me car ECUs are will notice the difference and confuse them.
  7. B

2013 CX-5 Manual Transmission (Transaxle) Oil Change Interval?

$30+ per quart at dealer and they said there is no GL marking on the label but they believed it was GL5. Trans needs ~ 1.75qt. The RedLine was under $40 delivered for 2 qt.
  8. B

Pulstar Spark Plugs?

Has anyone tried Pulstar spark plugs? Apparently they have impressive performance but reviews on amazon suggest certain vehicles(Honda, Kia) will through misfire codes. One reviewer mentions shorter life span. Curious about first generation 2.0 Skyactive G.
  9. B

0W20 for 2020 CX-5 GTR?

After my last oil change, I noticed they put oil over the max line (yes, checked cold). Then everyone laughs at me that I have trust issues. Idiots. I am back to changing it my self. Costco has currently 0w-20 and 5w30 Kirkland brand - 10qt for $22 after $3 off. Expires 12/27/20 in store only...
  10. B

For the record, the transmission oil as specified in the manual was not easy to find: GL4 75W80. Apparently GL-5 is the new standard but even that was not available in any common auto parts store in 75W80. Found some reports of GL-5 being deadly for certain transmissions (wearing out brass...
  11. B

I actually found the European user manual and it suggest 112,500miles (or twice lower for some countries). https://owners-manual.mazda.com/gen/en/cx-5/cx-5_8ft1ee17b/contents/07020101.html?kw=TRANSAXLE%20oil&hw=TRANSAXLE%20oil
  12. B

Hey Folks, I can't find the recommended interval for the MT oil. It is not in the owner's manual, nor in the service manual. At 90k miles dealer told my wife "it is really thick and needs to be replaced" during oil change. Looking at the service manual, there is no dip stick and the check plug...
  13. B

Small Leak on Top of Engine (Sensor ?)

The dealer said it is VVT actuator valve or sensor (didn't pay much attention). It will be covered under warranty. Waiting for parts. Will update the thread with part # once I see the paperwork.
  14. B

I am trying to find out my self.
  15. B

You guys are right. It's not a big deal but I am nearing the warranty miles and I started checking here and there Any one knows what this sensor (if it's actually a sensor) for ? I notice my 2014 Ford also has a similar one on the same spot.
  16. B

I just changed the oil of my 2013 2.0 CX-5 and notice oiliness on the engine head. First time I am noticing it, 57K miles. It seems like the leak comes from a sensor of some sort (See image attached). Anyone knows what this sensor is called? Is it common problem? Will dealership fix it under...
  17. leak2.jpg

leak2.jpg

18. B

First oil change with the new Mazda 0w20 GF-5 with moly - Improved MPG

Just a quick update after 2 years (55k miles on the car): I did put Castrol 0w-20 (It was super cheap at Walmart) in the fall of 2014 and definitely the car burns more fuel this Winter. Anywhere from 1-2 MPG difference.It fall down to 29MPG which is the first time I am seeing this. Previous...
  19. B

Seat Extremely Uncomfortable (2013 CX-5 Sport)

I don't have power seats and I don't have wide butt. I consider my self skinny (W32 pants) nor I have big back or something. But when I sit properly, (read back is actually touching fully the back rest, which is how it should be) and not like the getto style with 2 feet of air between your...
  20. B

Seat Extremely Uncomfortable (2013 CX-5 Sport)

Thanks for the tips V8toilet and deuxdiesel. I think what I need is a slim wooden beads pad, the only problem is all of them I found are too wide and I don't want them to cover the side supports. Any one has an idea where can I find in the US different sizes wood beads pads/rugs? It doesn't need...