Search results

1. J

2.5T CX-5 Piggyback

There’s nothing on their website for the 2.5t.
  2. J

2.5T CX-5 Piggyback

I’m nursing a thumb injury on my dominant hand. As soon as I can grip I’ll get under the hood.
  3. J

Mazda3 2.5T JB4 Mazda3 Development

I talked to Terry about it and they haven’t come across anything on the Mazda 3. He asked that I send him some pics of the CX-5’s MAP/TMAP connectors so they can get a basic system up and running to collect some data.
  4. J

Mazda3 2.5T Mazda3 Turbo Hatchback in Snowstorm

Heat soak only works for the first launch in the CX-5, and then it goes back to a boostless 1st and 2nd gear. It’s all about the ambient temp. Engine and tranny temps don’t seem to play a part in it. I was asking because Burger Motorsports is using a Mazda 3 turbo to develop their tune for all...
  5. J

Winter is here...and my cx5 turbo is now a 2.0!

I’ve tried every combination of everything and the only thing that tricks it below 20 degrees is heat soak, which is only good for the first launch. I’ve adjusted my driving habits when pulling out into traffic. Not as much of an issue with highway on ramps as I just put in 3rd so it doesn’t...
  6. J

I messaged Terry from Burger Motorsports to see if he’s come across anything so far. I agree that Mazda intentionally cut boost in 1st and 2nd below 20 degrees, but I’m willing to mess around with it when the JB4 gets released. The complete drop off at 20 degrees just doesn’t make sense. It...
  7. J

Cerps, I bought the CX-5 turbo knowing it could be an issue a couple months out of the year. I’m hoping the upcoming tune from Burger Motorsports will take care of it. Either way, I’d still pick the CX-5 turbo 10 times out of 10 when shopping this price point.
  8. J

I’m also experiencing this and it is absolutely not the transmission. It’s like a switch at the 20 degree Fahrenheit mark. My commute has mild elevation changes and on the right days the ambient temp will go back and forth multiple times across the 20 degree mark, and the boost follows it. If I...
  9. J

Nope. It’s solely dependent on that 20 degree threshold. Regardless of all other factors.
  10. J

Have you noticed any power loss below 20 degrees Fahrenheit? The 2.5T in the CX-5’s seem to consistently cut power in 1st and 2nd gear when the temp drops below 20. It happens regardless of traction or precipitation. It’s very noticeable. It sounds and feels as if the 2.5 from my ‘14 got swapped...
  11. J

They’re waiting on a new 02 sensor from Mazda. https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63938
  12. J

Not as smooth as I thought

How many miles did you get out of your Toyos before replacing?
  13. J

I’m sure there will be. Not hard. Minimal tools required. Here’s their video for the BMW N54 equipped cars:
  14. J

Dealer wouldn't let me test drive the turbo

The Mark Levinson system, which I’m sure sounds great, is part of a $3,045 package on the Lexus. A Lexus that costs $9k more than the comparably equipped and better performing CX-5 Signature.
  15. J

Mazda3 2.5T Turbocharged AWD Mazda3 for 2021 model year

Burger Motorsports took delivery of a new Mazda 3 2.5T last week. You can follow their progress on the forum below: Mazda 2.5 turbo - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion Mazda 2.5 turbo Lexus, Maserati, Alfa, Jeep, Diesel, McLaren, and other new applications www.n54tech.com
  16. J

2.5T CX-5 Piggyback

Burger Motorsports took delivery of a new Mazda 3 2.5T last week. You can follow their progress on the forum below: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60343 Hopefully Mazda didn’t make too many changes and it’ll work on our CX-5s as well.
  17. J

2017~2021 CX-5 Trailer Hitch recommendations?

Etrailer, Curt, and a good U-Haul location all the way. I’m very particular about quality of craftsmanship, and I couldn’t be happier with the results. The OEM hitch placement creates too much opportunity for error. One wrong move and your bumper is F’d. Also, there’s no going back to stock with...
  18. J

Next-gen CX-5: Rumors from Japan

That turboed 3.0L inline-6 with 48v mild hybrid system screams “bargain BMW”. I’d be very interested in whichever Mazda CUV that ends up in.
  19. J

What did you pay for your CX-5?

Buddy, I appreciate your need for wanting to slice and dice numbers. I really do. But this just isn't worth our time.
  20. J

What did you pay for your CX-5?

I'm assuming you're looking at an Eternal Blue Mica? Those are few and far between. When I bought mine earlier this month there were only 4 in the country. Mine is similarly equipped, minus the hitch. I paid $34,800 before TTL. That included the Mazda Loyalty and the 0% deal. If you're not picky...