Search results

1. N

Outside door handles keep breaking

If the doors are hard to slide, that's a definite problem. None of our Mazda 5s ever have had an issue. You can slide them open with 1 finger.
  2. N

Mazda5 SUV interior dome lamp replacement?

In the US, Minivans and station wagons and cross-overs have an interesting evolution. "Vans" were big vehicles that building contractors used to haul around tools/supplies with not much in the way of amenities (e.g. Ford Econoline). Mini-vans were smaller than vans but bigger than station...
  3. N

TCM Replacement Follow Up

I would look at the MAF, IAC and TPS along with Vacuum leaks. Vacuum leaks can cause issues. Do the Starter Fluid spray test and see if idle improves during the test. Cleaning the MAF is cheap but you may need to replace it. The IAC gets a ton of exhaust gases that clog it up, so that may...
  4. N

How does a TCM affect idle? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but newer cars being what they are...who knows?
  5. N

Bad/violent idle is usually an engine issue. This can be a bunch of stuff. Bad engine/transmission mounts. Bad injector(s). Bad spark plugs/wires. Any codes thrown?
  6. N

Throttle body hose part numbers?

That happens. I usually try to be sure what part number I need first and then just give the local dealer the part number over the phone. If I'm unsure...I first ask them what part I would need. If it's a different part number than what I thought it might be...I feed the one I thought it...
  7. N

Throttle body hose part numbers?

I go to partsouq.com, put in my VIN and mouse over the diagrams until I find the part and part number I need. Then I often google the part number on Google Images which will often verify it. Partsouq.com also has a ton of images. But not for all parts. Partsouq.com has actually been MORE...
  8. N

2004~2008 Sway bar bushings

So on the 2010 Mazda 5...which is a 2.3 like the 2008 Mazda3 we have and looks exactly the same setup... I did do the front bushings on the Mazda5 from underneath...HOWEVER... My recommendation is to pull the battery AND the battery tray completely out. I had to pull the tray to chase a bolt...
  9. N

Outside door handles keep breaking

Family has/had a 2010, 2012 and 2015 Mazda 5...and no handles have broken. But we live in the south and don't have too many run-ins with the freezing cold that can weaken plastic.
  10. N

2008 Mazda5 GT Battery Drain Issue

Nice! Neither of our Mazdas (2010, 2008) have that feature. So I don't have to worry about it. Thanks for getting back with the issue. This will help someone else for sure. .5A draw though for a BT module? That's just criminal.
  11. N

2008 Mazda5 GT Battery Drain Issue

I agree, you need to probably grab a schematic. Do you have the remote start system? I yanked that out of the 2008 Mazda3 we have as it was preventing me from starting the car. What a mess of wires that taps into everything. And the dealer didn't even follow Mazda's install instructions...
  12. N

Mazda3 persistent shaking at 60mph...Help!

Why new tires? I hope they finally did find the issue. I would not go back to that shop though. I feel they are milking you at this point. They should have found this earlier. This is their job.
  13. N

2010 Mazda5 100K miles: Belts? Tensioner? Idler?

Looked it up...Mazda wants to sell the whole tensioner and not just the pulley so that's kind of out of the question.
  14. N

2010 Mazda5 100K miles: Belts? Tensioner? Idler?

How much did Mazda want for the Pulley?
  15. N

Agreed. Sometimes you have to dig around to find the good repair shops and not the guys just wanting to slap on new tires and send it out.
  16. N

How does that affect the alignment? Isn't that usually a clunk and not a vibration too?
  17. N

Spare Key & Fob Programming for Mazda5

Yes, that, circled in red, is the chip. It's a little piece of silicon brick that is just wedged in the plastic. I broke the plastic housing and got a replacement and moved over he key and that chip to the new housing and no programming needed.
  18. N

Spare Key & Fob Programming for Mazda5

Key Fob battery dead? I had to reprogram all three key fobs for my 2010 and after I got my car into programming mode, 2 worked and one didn't. It's battery was dead. But it also failed to light up the center of the fob when pushed. You have the flip style keys, right? You have more than one...
  19. N

What happens when they put the rear wheels on the front and the fronts on the back? How many miles on this car? What year Mazda3? Automatic, Manual? Any accidents with the car? There must be some play in the system. Tie rod ends seem to come to mind with the alignment issue.
  20. N

Rattling Noise in 5th Gear

Yeah, a rattling like that is going to be something that's physically loose. If you're not actually feeling a vibration at those RPMs or the engine isn't hesitating, then there's not much wrong. Have you tried, in park, revving the car out to 2000 RPM? It's odd if the sound only happens when...